Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,083   Online: 777

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

talking timers, anyone have one?

I could really use some kind of timer that speaks to me while I'm doing film tray development. A time notification every 30 seconds would be great 30 seconds.. 1 minute.. 1 minute 30 seconds.. 2 minutes.. etc

I found 1 talking timer on ebay for $20 but it only gives notifications per minute and only in the last 10 minutes.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just use a metronome and keep the count in my head. It helps if I *don't* play music while doing it! If I'm daylight processing in the jobo, I use a regular digital kitchen timer.

I find that my processing times are short enough in the darkroom that I rarely lose track. But I'm just doing paper in the dark at the moment. If I were to do film, I'd preset a countdown timer and just process until I hear the beep. Paterson makes a triple timer that allows you to preset three different times and run them independently.

-chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I downloaded a copy of freeware - fotolab

http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/fotolab.htm

I haven't used the timer functions of the software but I believe it will do what you are asking for.

dw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sean, I have one that counts down each minute (might be longer intervals over 10mins) until it gets to the last minute, then it announces each 10secs, then goes 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 *boom* I checked this for someone else a little while back, might have been in 'our' forums.. might not

If you don't hit the stop button, it starts reminding you 'one minute over', etc. Basically the reverse of the countdown phase, so you can get 20mins worth of 1min warnings.

Only problem with it I've experienced was when using it to time RA4 printing steps the start button is pretty small (and you need to hit a different button to recall the memory time) but a couple of bits of 'glow in the dark' tape would probably fix that.

Here it is -> http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st...uct/View/Y5187

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    that's the one i was looking at, i think i might try it, would be cool if dse in NZ has it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dylder
    I downloaded a copy of freeware - fotolab

http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/fotolab.htm

I haven't used the timer functions of the software but I believe it will do what you are asking for.

dw
    checking this out thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's cool! I'm going to have to toss my metronome!

Images
    That photolab software is really cool.
    I'm NFG with electronics so I wish that someone would market a pre-built enlarger interface. It would be the ultimate wet/dry timer.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sean, I reckon the ones from DSE are the duck's guts. I've been using them for years. They used to be $25 AUD and now they're $20 AUD. If you can't get them in NZ, give me a yell and I can get you one here.

I accidentally melted two timers the other day trying to dry them with a hair dryer, but even then they actually started working again.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi !
    I've bought the very same timer, speaking French, at a shop for blind people.
    It was about 10 € each.
    Check these kind of shop for some useable items for us...
    Have a nice day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin