Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,140   Online: 1050

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

LPL7700 Carrier Inserts in UK

I'm looking at stepping up to medium format (specifically a Mamiya C330 TLR). As part of this I would need to set up my LPL7700 for 6x6 negs. Whilst 80mm enlarger lenses seem plentiful on the secondhand market, getting the appropriate insert for the universal carrier is proving difficult. The only place I've found online that'll do them is Jessops who want £50 for a new one (I'm unsure whether this is for a 6x6 insert or a 6x6 carrier, but it seems steep either way!).

Does anyone know where in the UK I could lay my hands on a 6x6 carrier insert (or carrier) for an LPL7700?

Failing that, does anyone has a contact email address or website for LPL?

Failing that(!), do you think it would be practical to cut an insert out of mountboard (I have a Longridge cutter) and spray it black (last resort time here!)?

Thanks in advance,

Frank

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have the LPL D6700 which I think is similar. The person who I bought it from (ebay) had handmade a 6X7 carrier out of mat board and foam board and seems to fit well although I never used it. That said I also needed a carrier for 6X6 negatives and I found a LPL glass carrier on ebay with the adjustable edges like an easel which fits all size negatives. The price was around $25 (US)
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Gerald,

The adjustable carrier sounds like the one I have, and I do have glass for it. However, it isn't anti-Newton glass and, before I got my glassless 35mm inserts (Jessops, many moons ago, and much cheaper!), I had really bad problems with Newton's rings. I really would prefer a glassless solution if I can get hold of one (less dust and (allegedly) anti-Newton glass can soften the image).

I have had an eye on ebay for a while, but I could be waiting a lot longer before such an item comes up.

Many thanks for the input, though.

Best regards,

Frank

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have made 6x4.5 masks for the "universal" carrier using plastic sheet bought from a model shop. I cut and filed the holes and used a black card slide mask glued to the plastic to ensure clean edges to the mask. Bevelling the outside edge of the plastic mask allows the metal sliders to grip the mask.
    Heat or light; it depends on your sensitivity.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin