Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,218   Online: 844

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

friendly visitor in my enlarger

Last night I was focusing my enlarger when I noticed a small spider-ish shadow scurrying around the easel. I immediately thought that there was a spider on the bulb of the enlarger (a D2V). I checked the bulb. No spider. Hmm, must have gotten out.

I go back to trying to print. Here comes the spider again. He's running around in almost a perfect circle. I check the bulb again. Nothing there. I check the filter compartment with the removable condenser. Nothing. I check inside the bellows for grins. Nothing. Where the heck is the thing?

Go back to trying to print. Spider reappears, again running in a perfect circle. Ah ha! I remove the condenser housing from the enlarger and the litte bugger is trapped between the two condensers. How he got in there I have no idea.

Remove lens. Remove spider. Put lens back banging it against bottom lens...

Unfortunately the spider was dead when I got to him. I guess the heat did him in, though the lenses might have crushed him when I removed the condenser assembly.

How he got in there I don't know, but I guess they can make themselves very small. There isn't much clearance between the silver collar and the condensers.

Best,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Must be that special "auto-dodge" feature I've read about...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Large Format
    when i got my new enlarger form Italy, I assembled it and put the negative carrier in with no negative, and turned it on. There before my eyes about the size of a dime was the x-ray of a fly. What the heck? I tore the thing apart but no fly. Then i looked more closely at the negative carrier. there on the glass was a tiny white speck of a fly. like a lice. very small. turns out the equipment was covered with them. But very cool to look at under magnification.

S.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    Must be that special "auto-dodge" feature I've read about...
    LOL!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now is that any way to treat a "friendly visitor"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it's good that you didn't let it 'bug' you, Will!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin