Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,083   Online: 917

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    0 Gebote...wonder if that will change.
    "If I only had a brain"-Some badly dressed guy made of straw in some movie I think I saw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here's a translated version (hope the link works). Note that "The salesman terminated this auction prematurely, since the article was destroyed and therefore no more not be sold can."

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...38778&lp=de_en

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That translator thingy is better than the comedy network - there is a French site that offers an English version at the click of a button (it had a nice description of a camera i wanted to buy). I clicked, and voila (the extent of my French ) - every time the word Canon appeared in the French text, the English version said "GUN".
    Those Germans - they can put a man on the moon (an American, no less!), and so silly with photo paper. I am guessing his resume for a job with Leica is now in serious jeopardy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't think this is so funny, it's only a sad sign of our times. The guy (seller) only thought that Photo paper is the same as inkjet (photo) paper. The inkjet one doesn't get fogged when you open the package, so he didn't know there are other ones that suffer from exposure to light. That's all there is to it, on my opinion...

Another example: ask a young person who has only driven cars with catalysts fitted, and he / she won't be aware of the possibility to start a car (if it has no catalyst) by pushing it to a downslope. This information is just missing fro their brain...

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I've got lots of used film I really don't care to store any more....maybe..

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    ROTFL!! That has to be one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. Just rolling....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    I don't think this is so funny, it's only a sad sign of our times. The guy (seller) only thought that Photo paper is the same as inkjet (photo) paper. The inkjet one doesn't get fogged when you open the package, so he didn't know there are other ones that suffer from exposure to light. That's all there is to it, on my opinion...
    well that explains how they might have done that, I couldn't think of a reason myself.

Another example: ask a young person who has only driven cars with catalysts fitted, and he / she won't be aware of the possibility to start a car (if it has no catalyst) by pushing it to a downslope. This information is just missing fro their brain...
    A catalyst as in part of the exhaust system? That won't stop you push starting a car, but the all too common automatic transmission will!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got probably 60 sheets of 4x5 undeveloped bracket exposures I was going to put up for sale here on 4/1/05. The pitch was going to include a shot of the sheets fanned out on a table:

"I've gone the extra mile to actually SHOW you what you're getting!"

The guy I was gonna borrow the digicam from was out of town, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought, "Geez, a 1 Euro starting price...how come nobody's bidding???"

Then I looked at the picture...LMAO...

Then I went to refill my coffee in the kitchen...LMAO...

Spilled the milk on my hand, because...you guessed it...I was LMAO...

Cleaned up milk. Couldn't drink coffee, because...you guessed it...

I can only type this because I statrted to actually feel sorry for the guy. I know how I feel when I waste $50+ of anything by doing something that my ignorance couldn't prevent...

LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd love to read some of the emails that he got on that one...

alas, but I don't understand German...

except for..."Guten Tag" and "Frauline? Bier bitter..."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin