Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,462   Online: 1124

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    A catalytic converter is a piece of metal core which heats up to an extreme temperature in order to help in burning the polutants that may have escaped combustion in the actual combustion chamber.
    Almost - catalytic converter uses a ceramic substrate for the catalyst, which is a metal, usually platinum, rhodium, and/or palladium. The bulk of the converter is the ceramic, as it takes a small amount of the catalyst to do the job of promoting complete combustion of the engine exhaust.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've bump-started many cars with catalytic converters and I don't believe there has been any adverse affects from it. I find they end up falling apart from the mechanical vibration before the catalyst gets killed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    9621 views...This is obviously making the rounds of the internet.

Still laughing my butt off...Well, at least the seller isn't out much money.

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm probably the only one old enough to remember, but you could push start the early powerglide automatics. Just had to get them over 35mph.

What ever happened to chrome bumpers?

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger
    Just had to get them over 35mph.
    I did that in a 1963 Studebaker Avanti (a supercharged one) in about 1983. It took a hell of a lot of pushing to get that fast! - Oh wait, I used a hill, anyway, it worked.

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kent,

"9621 views..."

I actually expected more views.. Thats nothing in comparison with Cardinal Ratzinger´s VW Golf - IIRC it had 5million hits before selling on ebay.de. <g>

"This is obviously making the rounds of the internet."

It does. I saw it at three usenet newsgroups and three other fori.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm not an engineer, but I think that push-starting a car that has a HOT catalyst (was recently running) IS dangerous for the catalyst (the unbubrnt fuel can damage it). If it's cold, (in the morning, before prior use), then it's probably OK. I guess most people have to push start cars that have been out of use for a while, so accidents rarely happen.

Stick shift cars are the real ones, indeed...

This is truly out of topic, and it's my fault... Sorry.

Roman, you're a hell of an intellectual !!! "FORI" ???? Wow !!! Now when I order two "Cappucini" or speak of the Beethoven "Piano Concerti" I like I won't feel so snob, after all...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, the Latin plural of "forum" would be "fora". The neuter nominative ending "um" becomes "a" in the plural. The masculine nominative ending "us" becomes "i".

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Showing the contents of photo paper must be the new way things are done.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...516168832&rd=1
    "If I only had a brain"-Some badly dressed guy made of straw in some movie I think I saw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Showing the contents of photo paper must be the new way things are done.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...516168832&rd=1
    What a crying waste of [font=Arial]post cards [/font]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin