Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,130   Online: 1121

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've used a Paterson contact proof printer since the 1960's for 35mm, and this takes 10x8 paper. I use the resulting contacts as part of my filing system.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    20,3 x 25,4 cm = 8 x 10

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used 24x30 when I lived in Ecuador, here n the US 8x10 is what I have.....
    Sometimes I have to attach an extra strip or two though
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    35mm

Paper size for contact sheets

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    Just wondering, I've been using 8x10 paper to contact 35mm 7 strips of 5 for a long time. 8x10 just barely fits. I used to do that cause my trays were 8x10. But now, I have a large Nova. Is 8 1/2 x 11 a common size for contact printing strips of 35mm? Or is this an outdated size paper?

3 strips of 120 fits 8x10 pretty good though.
    When on a college darkroom course, contact sheet printers were scarce so a sponge sheet to lod the negs and glass on top was the order of the day. Not easy and the negs were never parallel. However when I set up my own darkroom I got a secondhand Paterson contact printer and have never looked back. It will hold 6 strips of 6 and show neg numbers and there is a contact printed two line area for information on technical detailswhich can be written on neatly after printing the film.

Negs are now all parallel. I find it much easier to judge which negs to print and get an indication of grade needed and any dodging and burning that might be required. If you ever revisit old negs for additional prints then looking at a series of contact sheets is a lot easier.

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am using 24X30 (cm) for contacting. It fits simply on the whole sheet and there is some room for making notes.

Robert

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    24 x 30 paper

I lay the negative sleeve on top of it - 6 strips of 6 negs. In the 7th row I write some details on the film, dev et.al. with a marker. This is then transferred to the contact print.
    It works great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use european A4 size when I can get it. It leaves a bit of spare room. I then leave a cigarette pack over this to keep it unexposed and so white so that I can write in the film details. I too don't use the contacts much to judge the negs, only for identification.

David.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It seems to be qute common that Europeans use 24x30cm, while those who can't get that size use 8x10"...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I cut my film in to strips of 5 photos and can get 7 rows on an 8X10 sheet of paper. However even if I am shooting a 36 exposure roll I rarely shoot more than 30 shots as when I have problems developing film it is usually on the outer layer on the spool in the last 5 or 6 shots. I'd rather waste film than waste shots.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    8.5 x 11 only...

(8x10 is too tight...)

joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin