Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,911   Posts: 1,521,598   Online: 865

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Neg carrier for Leitz Valloy?

I picked up an old Valloy enlarger a while back. I know it didn't have a neg carrier at the time but it was cheap and I was really only getting it for contact prints anyway. Of course the more I thought about it, the more I thought it was a shame to not be able to enlarge my 35mm negs with it. I tried making several homebrew versions. One was simply two spring clips holding the neg strip in place and letting the condenser flatten the negative against the bottom plate. This worked ok, as long as I only wanted to print negs in the center part of the strip, no end images allowed! I then tried a folded metal arrangement and I couldn't get the film truly flat. So does anyone have an idea on where I could either get a neg carrier or how to build one simply and cheaply? Thanks!

Isaac
    See my adventures in Yemen here:
    www.isaharr.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacc7
    <snip>
    So does anyone have an idea on where I could either get a neg carrier or how to build one simply and cheaply? Thanks!

Isaac
    If you PM me with your mailing address I will send you an image of both sides of one, along with measured dimensions. There are two of them for sale where I work but they unfortunately come with enlargers attached. I think it would be pretty simple to make one if you had accurate dimemsions though.
    Celac.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They show up with some frequency on Ebay.
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin