Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,953   Posts: 1,586,005   Online: 779

Shooter
    Medium Format

Beseler Negative Carriers?

I recently purchased a 67 series Beseler enlarger on ebay, and like most of the 67's listed there it has no 6x6 negative carrier. This size carrier, for the 67, seems to be rather rare in the used market, but there are a few available for the 23 series and for certain Omega brand enlargers that appear similar in design. Will these other series carriers work in the 67, and particularly, do the detents in the Omega brand carriers line-up with the pins in the 67 enlarger?

Thank you,
    Bill

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    The beseler 23 is round, so that won't work. You can make one out of mat board. Hope this helps.

Jon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu
    The beseler 23 is round, so that won't work. You can make one out of mat board. Hope this helps.

Jon
    Looks like I'll have to go this route until something becomes available. Thanks.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 6X6 carrier for the 67 series is a square carrier like the the 35MM, but with a large opening for the 6X6 neg. The model number for the 6X6 carrier is 6741. The mat board model will work well as suggested. I used the outline of the 35MM model and then cut a larger opening, until I could find a 6741 on Ebay.
    "Nobody is perfect! But even among those that are perfect, some are more perfect than others." Walt Sewell 1947

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    Yup, just spotted that one, myself. Thanks.

Bill

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin