Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,705   Online: 737

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Moving away to a new town.. :(

I am moving from my home town of Massachusetts down to Georgia.
    In the process, I am leaving behind my one and only true joy in life.
    I am leaving my darkroom. My plate burner, enlarger. Everything.
    I was only able to pack my 4x5 speed and a 5x7 contact printing frame..
    Along with a Uniroller and a changing bag. I'm going to contact print everything.

It's tough for me to imagine leaving behind something of which i've spent 8 years and most of my $$$ perfecting.

On the upside, my parents will take care of it for me.
    Sorry for the rant, I just feel quite depressed and uncertain.
    This is the only place where I feel that others would understand my pains.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm sorry to hear that. Is it possible you can send for it all later and get set up again?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Aww men, quit your whining...

Dont look at it as loosing your DR, look at it as gaining a new place to photograph. Georgia is a beautiful state with many photo opportunities, and while having the right tool for the job is always best, you got your cameras and a printing frame, azo can be done with a light bulb and pt/pd with the sun....Go out there and photograph....and dont hink about it twice, in time you will have the money to move your stuff down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Phillip just send me a note when you get moved in, you have a small group of enthusiasts waiting here for you.
    Gary Beasley

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip P. Dimor
    Sorry for the rant, I just feel quite depressed and uncertain.
    This is the only place where I feel that others would understand my pains.
    Phillip,

It will all be ok. As Jorge says:
    Dont look at it as loosing your DR, look at it as gaining a new place to photograph.
    When I left home the first time at 17, I took what clothes I could carry in my packsack, hopped on my motorcycle and hit the road - it didn't hurt me any.
    Later in life, when I realised that I wasn't cut out for university, I left my first year calculus exam, threw my texts in the garbage, put my packsack on my shoulder, cleaned out my bank account and didn't even bother to go home for my belongings - it didn't hurt me any.
    Look at it as an life enrichening experience.

I left my home and most of my belongings and moved to LA in the 80s. Because of the move, I got laid more than I deserved, made some lifelong friends, met the love of my life, and now live in one of the best places on the planet.

Also I came here illegally. Everything always works out. Enjoy the experience.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Large Format
    After one of the longest car trips of my life, I have arrived in Georgia.
    So far it is.. Hot. Very hot compared to living in New England.
    I also ran over my first armadillo. It was pre-squished.
    On a trip to five separate gas stations, I could not find any coffee creamer in a carton.
    Try saying that to someone in So. Ga. with a very thick Cambridge accent.
    'Eh you guys got any coffee creameh? In cahtons?'
    No coffee milk but I managed to bring some coffee syrup to battle the homesickness.

Thank you Jorge, John and Michael. I feel better now and I truly appreciate the wisdom and good wishes.

Gary, anything good to shoot down here? That isn't an animal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep! Look up Jekyll Island and Providence Canyon, theres a few plantations to tour and shoot, and several state parks, the Okefenokee Swamp, and so on. What city are you staying in, it'll make it easier to direct you to the sights.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Valdosta!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Due east of you is the Brunswick area, south of that is Jekyll Island (see my gallery for two shots from there) and south of that is Cumberland Island. The Islands are pretty interesting, especially Cumberland. Do a campout there and get some sunrise shots on the beach! It'll be easy to find lots of info on those areas. You are not too far from Tallahassee or Jacksonville Beach either. You'll just have to drive a bit.
    Don't neglect the old buildings in the small towns around you, they can be quite intriguing.
    Gary Beasley

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin