Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,156   Online: 1206

Shooter
    ULarge Format

New Print Washer?

Ok, I'm still search'n for a bargain Archival Washer. What's the consensus on this contraption? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...520121605&rd=1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LOL! That thing is made in a stock bin thats had the flaps removed! I've made one myself for 16x20. You could probably cobble this up yourself pretty cheap with a little thought.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is not a true slot washer so all of the prints need to be washed at the same time. Without testing I don't know how well it really works. I agree that you can make a washer of out bins you can find at stores that carry office supplies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brilliant

Thank you for posting, I have an old bread bin (similar shape to the stock bin) and will use it to make my own :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike didn't you post the link for the one made out of a laundry sink?

Locally the sink used in that Ebay auction is about $18 Canadian. $15 US? Figure out some dividers. Get some plastic pipe or copper. Cut it to length. Use T and elbows to assemble the thing into a manifold. Solder it if you want but leaks won't matter. Use your hack saw to cut slits in the bottom of the pipe. You'll need a hose fitting at the inlet side. Drill a hole in the side of the sink high enough. Likely want to fit some sort of fitting to that to. Then figure out dividers.

I bet $30 US give or take. Unlike the one on Ebay for $200 plus shipping.

It'll be a batch washer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin