Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,909   Posts: 1,584,667   Online: 851

Thread: Dust blower

Shooter
    Multi Format

Dust blower

Had to go by Lee Valley today and noticed a little hand held dust blower. Only $4 so I didn't expect much but considering it comes with four AA batteries I figured it was worth the risk. I won't call the air it puts out a gail but it will remove dust from a negative. At least so far I'll see how long it lasts. It's made in China so I'm guessing your local tool pusher will have something similar if not the exact same thing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Had to go by Lee Valley today ...
    I'd love to "go" to Lee Valley. I have to settle for mail order.

Let us know how this works out. Is the item in their catalog or on their website?

Thanks.

David
    Big Lee Valley fan - just never bought "photo" from them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    Big Lee Valley fan - just never bought "photo" from them.

What do you mean? Forstner bits for drilling lensboards. Chisels for hand cutting the rabbet. Little brass screws to hold the lens flange. Levels to make sure the camera is well level. Extension cords so the enlarger reaches. Just need to convice them to stock paper and chemicals-))

Turns out it's on the website. I think I mentally ignored it assuming anything that cheap would be a toy.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...49&cat=1,44047

I got the blower. The batteries are worth a chunk of the sale price.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    ... Just need to convice them to stock paper and chemicals-)).
    If they did, it would be better customer service than most of us are used to. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link.

David

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm personally not a fan of dust blowers -- they just ensure the same dust will land on another negative. I'd like to find a tiny vacuum cleaner that runs on (preferably rechargeable) batteries, though. Ideally, one small enough to use in my changing bag.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin