Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,757   Online: 965

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is one of those threads where the people who seem to be at opposite ends on an issue are all absolutely correct. I have an RH Designs Analyzer and use it both for fstop printing and split grade as well as the "conventional way" using the meter, as well as the Michael Smith 3 prints method. It depends on what I'm printing for as to what technique I'll use. One tool lets me do all three easily. If I could figure out how to get it to click with each half-second like a metronome for burning in I'd be totally set, but there are other ways to get similar tracking of burn times.

Best,

Will
    "I am an anarchist." - HCB
    "I wanna be anarchist." - JR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the Ilford EM10 with the method proposed by RalphLambrecht to determine exposure time and paper grade needed. So far so good in ballparking both.

However, I did "calibrate" the meter for the 2 or 3 papers I use as follows:
    - Measure a graystep "number" with the EM10 and then make a test sheet with several exposures.
    - Then correlate measurement and exposure to achieve a certain zone
    ZONE I III V VII IX
    EM10Number time1 time2 time3 time.....

So I can interprete my pictures a bit more.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fascinating - so much to learn even in this case alone!
    Thanks guys!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin