Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,121   Online: 1116

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Darkroom sins, and there can't be worse . . . . . . ..

Over the past 7or 8 years I've been sposmadic in my image making, for family health reasons, indirect I should add, sister & father, but both terminal . .

Now all (well most) my landscapes (5"x4") have been checked and proofs etc made, but today I've uncovered a huge quantity of processed 120 films, stuck in magazines, leaflets etc as I'd run out of neg files, and my suppliers stopped carrying them.

So today I've had to sort them, 90 -100 films.

There's one more book full of negs over 30 films and I've I've just been asked for a print off every image, thats another story. He say's he'll pay - he will NEED to :-)

That sounds like stupidity but I had to carry on making images to stay sane regardless of the later logistical problems, which I now have to address.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    While not for the same reasons, I generally go for quite some time just shooting like mad. I develop the film and put them in neg pages. I can go for months and never get around to printing them. Interesting ones I will scan, but that's about as far as it gets. Once the creative shooting-well dries up for a while, I then go into the darkroom. I find that I'm usually not up for good printing when the juices are flowing for creating negs and vis-a-versa.

Must be exciting for you to find all these lost gems.

Good luck to you.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a scenario that gives me nightmares. I am a very lazy darkroom worker, and I have amassed a collection of negs that (given the amount of time it takes me to make one perfect print) will take me the rest of my life to get through. I love the actual capturing of the image and viewing the final print, but I really don't care for the bit in the middle. Saying that, I find farting around in a darkroom infinitely preferable to farting around in front of a computer screen. BLIGHTY.
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Blighty
    Saying that, I find farting around in a darkroom infinitely preferable to farting around in front of a computer screen. BLIGHTY.
    I find farting, in general, to be infinitely preferable to being in front of a computer.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant
    There's one more book full of negs over 30 films and I've I've just been asked for a print off every image, thats another story. He say's he'll pay - he will NEED to :-)
    You just might want to get a little money up front just in case...

joe

Shooter
    35mm
    The two activities are not mutually exclusive.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin