Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,585   Posts: 1,545,801   Online: 1132

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Need JOBO advice

With the closure of JOBO USA, would it be risky or unwise to invest in either a new or used CPP-2 w/Lift. I wouldn't be subjecting the processor to heavy use- probably not more than one film run and several print runs per week.

Any opinions, cautions or reassurance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeling1
    With the closure of JOBO USA, would it be risky or unwise to invest in either a new or used CPP-2 w/Lift. I wouldn't be subjecting the processor to heavy use- probably not more than one film run and several print runs per week.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Jobo will be serviced by TBE, so there will be parts and repairs available in the US. I say go for it....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you're only doing B&W then you might want to try the drums on a motorbase. Works wonderfully. Even if you're doing colour you might want to try it. You'll need to rig up a separate water bath for colour.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I spoke with a Jobo rep. a few days ago and he indicated to me that there is a strong possibility that Jobo will simply be changing hands with a different company. There is a good chance that all Jobo products will be available for some time to come.

Let's hope so.

With the "take over" of digital, there seems to be a rush to dump all things film related. This trend has been a real bonus for me....I have been grabbing up stuff at a rapid pace for next to nothing.

Having "Gone Digital" for several years, I have come to a conclusion that my digital friends and associates have yet to realize....but they will. That conclusion is that film, while "old school" holds the distinct edge in nearly every category that is important. The digital feedback bonus will soon wear off for those concerned with high quality. I suspect the in the near future, you will see a rush back to film and equipment film related. Seems to me that Jobo (or the new Jobo) just needs to get a little leaner, smaller, more specific to it's customer base. There will continue to be a market for processors, tanks etc.

This has turnd into a rant of sorts...I'm sorry. Film is not going away in our lifetimes. And with that, processing must stay as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A thought ... Wouldn't it be interesting (and deserving of wild cheering and breaking open that treasured bottle of single malt) .. If ILFORD were to buy out JOBO USA... !!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just wish Jobo came back to Canada :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think my experience with Jobo is pretty common; I saw lots in daily commercial use back in the '80s when I was first using my CPP-2. I replaced the motor after 12 years of daily, commercial, abuse. I replaced the pump 5 years later. It seemed the new motor and pump were superior to the original devices. If you want to buy one and use it forever, buy an extra heater and pump and go make pictures.

Don
    This suspense is terrible. I hope it lasts.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Who or what is TBE?

Thanks everyone for the JOBO information but I'm curious as to who TBE is. I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with the JOBO tempering box (TBE-2/12)- or does it? Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Changeling1

Thanks,
    Jim
    They are generally quite robust and reliable, so I wouldn`t worry about it, go ahead and buy one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    YEAH!! Who is TBE!? . .. (I think my pump is croaking...)

and Im glad as all hell that there are other people out there that are looking for parts.... means I have a half decent chance myself..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin