Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,464   Online: 1041

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slosher (pic)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KenM
    Have you used that particular model? Based on that design, and imagining what the flow of developer would be like around the 'fins', I would expect that surge marks could be a problem.....
    I'm a Rodinal 1:50 and 1:100 guy, and use just enough to cover the film plus less than 1/2". No surge marks, but it is a long time in the dark for 4 sheets!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks very much for the generous description of your slosher project, Monophoto.

I'm quite interested in making a different product and your plexiglass tips are encouraging. What I'd like to make is a compact, multi-sheet (say twelve sheets at a time) for stand-processing which could then be used as a water-economical washer. With stand processing in Rodinal, one can use just enough developer to cover the film plus - rather like 135mm film spacing in a 36 exposure stainless reel. Perhaps I'm dreaming, but it's all your fault for encouring us. Seriously, thanks for the info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    I'm a Rodinal 1:50 and 1:100 guy, and use just enough to cover the film plus less than 1/2". No surge marks, but it is a long time in the dark for 4 sheets!

I just did some Bergger 200 with Pyrocat-HD semi-stand. Time was 40 minutes. The cool part was we had a night scope with us and could watch them develop.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    Hey, whatever works! Me, I use HC110 and Tri-X at 6 1/4 minutes...any longer than that in the dark and I tend to fall asleep. I do use XTOL 1+1 for HP5 medium format, and that takes 10 1/2 minutes, but at least I can dev that in the non-dark
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found this link to a DIY tray: Slosher I hope it helps.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I took a workshop with magic about a month ago and saw the results of his slosher with stand development. I can confirm that his negatives looked good and even throughout. If I hadn't already made my own using the plans in JHannon's link I would likely have bought one from the Formulary. I made a few modifications to the design suggested. I used a thicker peice of plexiglass and tapped the holes for the screws, that did away with the need for the bottom nuts. The result being that a lot less developer is needed to cover the film. I also put a longer screw in the center of each of the short sides as handle to make it easier to remove the slosher. The plexi base I also made swiss cheese out of to alow the liquids to flow more freely on the underside of the film. I'm not sure this last change realy helped all that much, just what I did. With this setup I can do stand development as well as developing 4 sheets at a time using the same proceedure as paper development. (in total darkness of course)

Michael
    Last edited by m. dowdall; 07-28-2005 at 11:16 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: oops

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JHannon
    I found this link to a DIY tray: Slosher I hope it helps.
    That's the link I was recalling. Thanks for posting it.

Lee

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I was thinking of a 7x17 slosher. Could I just take a 16x20 tray, cut the corders out and drill some holes in the botton, add 1 divider and end up with a decent slosher tray?I could process at lest 2 sheets at a time that way, maybe 4 if I could stack them.

-MIke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went to the hobby store and bought one of those plastic cases to store small thingamabobs (sorry for the technical terms) like buttons and what-not. Then I took a hot utility knife (just heated it with a lighter) and cut out the dividers till I had 3x4" areas divided--no reason this couldn't be done to 4x5" or whatever size. Later I will be drilling holes in it with a paddle bit then covering any sharp edges with a little epoxy. Total cost: $3 including epoxy
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another excellent "Slosher" is the Summitek Cradle.

http://www.summitek.com/cradle.html

I have the 4x5 version and the 5x7 version and I like them very much. The CR45 holds 6 sheets of 4X5 film, fits an 11X14 tray and costs $45 + shipping. The CR57 holds 6 sheets of 5X7 film, and fits a 16X20 tray and costs $55 + shipping.

Summitek does not make an 8x10 version of the Cradle. I have the PF 8x10 Slosher. It is very similar to the Summitek design but is more expensive.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin