Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,842   Online: 799

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slosher (pic)

Shooter
    Multi Format

Slosher (pic)

Is this what you all call a "Slosher"?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails slosher.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jjstafford
    That would be one. Here's mine which holds six sheets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tray.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks good! Do you know where I can get one of those?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks good! Do you know where I can get one of those?
    Photographers' Formulary http://www.photoformulary.com they also have them for 8x10

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, but $59.95!! That's insane!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are well built. All things are relative. It cost me $50 to fill the gas tank in my car the other day. Besides how much does a scratched negitive cost you? Since I got one I haven't had a scratched neg or uneven development.

If you have a product with limited sales it costs more to produce. I know Bud and Lynn (owners of the Formulary), they ain't getting rich. I make their darkcloths they sell. They're pricey, but you won't find them as large or as versatile. My wife and I certainly aren't getting rich. You got to begrudge some profit or the products won't get made.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Have you used that particular model? Based on that design, and imagining what the flow of developer would be like around the 'fins', I would expect that surge marks could be a problem.....
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KenM
    Have you used that particular model? Based on that design, and imagining what the flow of developer would be like around the 'fins', I would expect that surge marks could be a problem.....
    Looking that the photo you shown, I would worry about that also. All I known is the PF one works great. Haven't has an uneven developed or scratched neg since I started using (now if I would quit doing other stupid mistakes).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, you can get one for a lot less if you a DIY type.

I made two sloshers - one that holds 6 sheets of flim and that fits into an 11x14" tray, and another that holds two sheets and fits into an 8x10 tray. Bought some 1/4" plexiglass at Home Despot. Cut the plexi using my table saw and a carbide blade, sanded the rough edges to eliminate serious burrs, and then assembled them using plexiglass glue. Be sure to wear glasses or safety goggles - the saw will throw lots of small bits of plexi around.

You probably won't find plexiglass glue at the home center - I found it at a shop that specializes in glass and glazing products. You will need to get an applicator - a small polyethelene plastic bottle with a top that has a hollow stainless steel stylus. To use, you place the plexi components in position, and then use the applicator to inject a drop of the adhesive at the point where the pieces join - capillary action will draw the adhesive into the joint where it softens the plexi, and then almost immediate fuses the components together. The bottle of plexi glue will cost almost as much as a sheet of plexi, yet you will only use a tiny fraction of that bottle to glue together all of the components of the slosher.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've also seen DIY designs using nylon stand-off hardware, screws and posts mounted in holes in the plex to separate the film sheets. Haven't built or used one, but it looks reasonable, and pretty easy to accomplish. Will post a URL later if I can find it.

Lee

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin