Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,878   Online: 897

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Koch
    Have you looked for Cubitainers? These are made of heavier plastic and are meant for chemical storage.
    Cubitainers look like they would fit the bill, but googling only came across specialty companies selling with a huge price tag- one site wanted $83 for a 1 gallon container.

Anyone know any reasonable source for these?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that Freestyle sells some chemicals already in these boxes. I seem to recall seeing this in the catalogue.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey
    I think that Freestyle sells some chemicals already in these boxes. I seem to recall seeing this in the catalogue.

Matt
    If you use them, don't store them in your wine cellar, with the regular box wine....LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    sprint photochemistry comes in 1 L bottles and larger cubes like you are talking about. they have been selling their photochemistry like this for decades. i think i got some D72 ( solutech?) from the calumet in cambridge mass, in a 5L cube like that 6 or 7 years ago too.

it keeps well and works well too

you could contact sprint and find out where they get theirs, or maybe they will sell you some?

http://www.sprintsystems.com/index.html

-john

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have used wine bags for keeping dektol stock for up to one month without any problems but I would not use them for long term storage. I get them from restaurants just buy asking for them.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Monophoto
    Wine boxes are often mentioned as chemistry storage - and they are so much fun to prepare since you have to carefully dispose of the contents - - -
    Di - hick - dit - hick - ditto!

I'm pretty sure they're aluminized plastic, not mylar. I swear by them.

Murray

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    There are also water containers used for camping that are collapsible plastic like these. They are not in a box and I've never used them for this purpose. Just a thought.

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Coffee shops here sell coffee by the gallon in these types of aluminumized mylar (I think that's what it is) bag in a cardboard container with a handle. I haven't tried, but I suspect they'd sell a few without the coffee.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Delta sells 1 gallon bag in boxes specifically for photo chemicals. I had 3 of them, and while the concept is great, at least with the Delta ones, the caps leaked terribly! I just got rid of the three of them in a fire today (every so often I burn all my extra cardboard boxes in a 55 gallon drum outside my house just for that purpose)

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    About 20 years ago, I used to buy Ilford paper chemistry in convenient box with mylar bag inside - it was a great easy solution - don't know why they disappeard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin