Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,058   Posts: 1,561,512   Online: 874

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    It's bright enough that I can read my
    handwritten printing notes.
    That's saying something for a VC paper
    level of lighting but no trick at all, even with
    bandpass filters, when using Graded. Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dancqu
    That's saying something for a VC paper
    level of lighting but no trick at all, even with
    bandpass filters, when using Graded. Dan
    Indeed, I did make the point that this is only possible with safelights that give out a narrow spectrum of light - normal safelight filters with incandescent lamps behind them don't come anywhere close. The main thing I wanted to get across really is to repeat the oft given advice that whatever type you use, it's a good idea to test, rather than rely on guesswork or manufacturers recommendations which usually err a large way on the safe side. Of course some like it dim in the darkroom; you can always use a small red LED light to read notes if you want.

BTW, a DUKA 50 like mine costs a fortune when new (http://www.novadarkroom.com/mjb_pop/index.html) but they (or similar ones) come up on the auction site from time to time - mine was 35 quid IIRC (sometimes I just love the rush to digital). When the lamp dies, I will replace the whole thing with LEDs as a new lamp costs around 150 quid. Outch!

Cheers, Bob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin