Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,501   Posts: 1,571,701   Online: 967

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

I think I just love to bid on crap.....

Okay, my alter ego, second or third personality decided to bid on a Bessler PM2 color analyzer... So, what the hell is it for? What Bessler Dichro color heads can I use this with??

Background: I own a Bessler 23CII. One of the semi newer black models. I want another enlarger for 4x5, MF and 35mm and keep the 23CII for dedicated smaller print, 35mm schtuff....

I have considered a color head so I have the option to do color and also because you can use the color filters for B&W, right??

Again, I think I just like to bid on stuff.. BTW, I only want 4x5 for possible use of Poloroid films.. maybe, just maybe, i'll shoot something 4x5.. Who knows.

Oh yeah, I also bidded on a 67CS Dichro head

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    Background: I own a Bessler 23CII. One of the semi newer black models. I want another enlarger for 4x5, MF and 35mm and keep the 23CII for dedicated smaller print, 35mm schtuff....
    You must have a big house or not married

Again, I think I just like to bid on stuff.. BTW, I only want 4x5 for possible use of Poloroid films.. maybe, just maybe, i'll shoot something 4x5.. Who knows.
    Apug has Littman for a sponsor. Check those out. They are pretty cool. I have 2 Polaroid Pro Packs (one of them is the old 250). That might work for you for now? Or how about one of thems <$100 4x5 pinholes?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I bid on "crap" too - and sometimes I'm surprised. Like this:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

The ratty 90mm Angulon happened to be in a perfect shutter, so my G. Leitmeyr 121mm Angulon clone got a new home. The Supermatic shutter was full of oil (engine oil? 20W-40?) and cleaned up very easily. The Zeiss Tessar wasn't all that great - or needed - but the shutter again needed just a little cleaning. The Ektar is not bad at all.

My latest "crap" was a pre-WWII uncoated Angulon 210mm. It just so happens that the pre-WWII ones have greater coverage - this one covers my 30x40cm with movements
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    BTW - sometimes 5x7" enlargers are cheaper than 4x5" ones due to "lack of popularity". If you have room for a 7' tall enlarger, the Durst 138S is a wonderful machine
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, my alter ego, second or third personality decided to bid on a Bessler PM2 color analyzer... So, what the hell is it for? What Bessler Dichro color heads can I use this with??

I have considered a color head so I have the option to do color and also because you can use the color filters for B&W, right??

Oh yeah, I also bidded on a 67CS Dichro head
    The analyzer should work with any enlarger. What's it for? It's for analyzing. -) You'll need to program it.

http://www.darkroompro.com/pdf/equip...s/bes_pm2l.pdf

That's a newer model then the one you got but might be close enough.

Colour heads work just peachy with B&W film.

A 67 head won't work with your 23. You know that right?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    You must have a big house or not married
    Apug has Littman for a sponsor. Check those out. They are pretty cool. I have 2 Polaroid Pro Packs (one of them is the old 250). That might work for you for now? Or how about one of thems <$100 4x5 pinholes?
    Wrong on both counts.... I have a 990 square foot house.. BUT... Full, unfinished basement where I have a 8x10 foot darkroom framed in... Need some drywall but I have everything else, except time to finish it.....

And the female situation??? I took care of that.. I met her in the darkroom at school... She is actually the lab assistant at the community college I use for darkroom space.... DAMN!!! Did I luck out.... I have 6 cameras, 2 others in the shop, a fridge full of film and negatives laying everywhere... She doesn't say a thing but "Hey, J, I'm taking the TLR to the gardens tonight"......

As far a a camera?? Not sure what route I am going yet... "JimGalli" was looking into making a pinhole for me. Later, maybe one of those Polaroid 600se's with the 3 mamiya lenses. I know there is a back for my Pentax 645, I haven't found one yet... Maybe I'll spring for a 4x5, with a back....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    A 67 head won't work with your 23. You know that right?
    Yeah, I want two separate enlargers.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use my PM2 on B&W prints to get in the ball park for exposure and contrast. I make a test print to start and then measure areas of the neg with it for highlight, mid and shadow tones and write it all down. Enough scribbling and I can pick a time and filter to match what I read on a neg before printing.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    a fridge full of film and negatives laying everywhere...
    Where do you keep food? I'm being told that I need to get my own fridge and leave it in the garage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    I use my PM2 on B&W prints to get in the ball park for exposure and contrast. I make a test print to start and then measure areas of the neg with it for highlight, mid and shadow tones and write it all down. Enough scribbling and I can pick a time and filter to match what I read on a neg before printing.
    I cheat even more. I got a ZBE computerize cold light head on my Beseler 45. It will even calculate paper grades for me.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin