Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,506   Online: 904

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I live in Holland. Don't think that will work since your in the UK, right?
    Thanks for the offer though.
    I will have some chat with a guy that sells a rcp20 in my neighbourhood, maybe he can claer things more for me.
    I'll keep things posted.

Game

DKT

fwiw--I own both processors, the rcp20 and a printo. the RCP models were made by thermaphot, only rebranded and distributed by Durst. They haven;t been made in about 20 yrs and they've been unsupported by both companies for quite a few years now. There's also a *major* problem with these machines now, in that they were mainly EP2 processors and at least with the smaller RCP20, the speed is not adjustable, but the temperature is. What this means is that the machine runs too slowly for RA4 or any other usable process now, including b/w. I had my regeared for RA4 though, so it can be done, but the Printo is a much better choice since it's still a relatively new machine, and the parts will (hopefully) still be available for a little while. The Printo is also a better designed machine, imho.

The RCP20 uses about 88 ounces or so of chemistry in each of it's two larger tanks (dev & fix/blix). In the middle there's a small stop bath tank, with a soft roller. This holds a little less than a quart or so of chemistry. There's a recirculation pump in the dev tank, but the rest of the tanks, lack any type of recirculation other than print movement. The Printo is better designed in this regard, and you're also not reliant on the pump--which is a diaphragm of sorts on the RCP, and is the same as the motor for the machine. If it goes out, the machine is dead more or less.

The RCP also needs an external wash & dry module, as does the Printo. The Printo actually uses one to two more sections added on with another dryer as well. A cheaper way to set it up for RA4 is two tanks only, with a tray to wash in and a dryer or some other to dry the prints, but then it's not totally automatic.

There are other differences, but the main one is in making sure you get something with adjustable speeds and temps that match modern processes. Probably the two I would look at, as far as small tabletop machines go, would be the Printo or a Fujimoto, or maybe some of the newer Thermophots. But like all the other posts have been saying--chemistry costs on even a small roller transport machine will be high, because you can't fill them up with chemistry and let them sit unused. You also can't fill them up, use them a little bit, drain it back out and leave them sitting dry for very long either, without really stripping the machines down and making sure you store them well. It's a catch-22 really. The easiest process sometimes is the most labor intensive, because all the "automatic" processes like to be used just about every day or else all sorts of bad things happen to the machines and the quality will drop off from the chemistry not being used enough to be replenished properly. Tubes are probably a better choice in the end.

hope this helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks!
    That was a very helpfull post.

Game

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But I am unexperienced with tubes. I only know the machine at school. I really big full automatic thing.

Can womeone poitn out how tubes kind off work? How do I get chemicals at the right temperatuur etc?

thanks game

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin