Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,493   Online: 886

Shooter
    Multi Format

Gravity Works Film Washer

Hi guys and gals,

Could any of you who have the Gravity Works Archival Film Washer tell me what you think of it, please?

I need something to wash 5x7 sheet film. Can this thing also be used to wash 5x7 prints? Does it have dividers, or do things just flop around in the tank?

TIA!

Steve

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    It comes with an insert that holds 4x5 film. You can take the insert out and wash 5x7 film in hangers. I tried it once and one of the films stuck to the side while I was not watching, so you have to be careful of that. I have just been washing anything larger that 4x5 in trays. For film on reels or 4x5 film it is a terrific washer.
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Bruce Barnbaum uses one - he just drops the 4x5 film (still in the hangers) in the washer, and let's it fill/drain 5 (or so) times, rinses the film with photoflo, and he's done.

It's also cool to watch

Alas, I don't have one - I just stick a rubber hose into the 4x5 film hanger tank, and let it flow over the top; combined with a few complete dumps, I get a good wash. Not as much fun as the GW washer tho.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I had one of these. It was nice. Mine did not come with a film insert, but one was available as an accessory. I used film hangers in mine without any problems. The insert would cause the film to buckle and stick to each other. Prints are very hard to wash in these.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have one of these that has an Oriental brand on it. Works well for 4x5 and 5x7 with the hangers.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, everyone! I appreciate your help.

Sounds like it's not what I'm looking for...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin