Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,814   Online: 859

Thread: Holga enlargers

Shooter
    Large Format

Holga enlargers

I am re-opening the darkroom in a local art center. The school district and county have helped with the remodel and new sinks but I need new enlargers. The darkroom is only one small part of a major overhaul and money for better equiptment will be available in the future to those arts (painting, weaving, pottery,etc...) that have interest from the paying public but first my job is to just get things going with an "Intro to B&W Darkroom" class. I am interested in the Holga only because of the price. In two years I hope to sell them off for 23C's. My question is will they hold up for 2 to 3 years or are they junk.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's a review from Shutterbug: http://shutterbug.com/test_reports/0...ga/index1.html

Is there a reason why you want to buy new equipment? For the price of a Holga, you could even get a used Beseler with a color head, or a Vivitar.

Shooter
    Large Format
    We may have a small grant for gear but because of past problems they might not allow us to buy used. I am hoping for an exception because of my knowledge of darkroom equipment I think I can find useable gear but they might not be flexible. It's not my money so I have no say, I just teach the classes if we can equip the place.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think we might be able to help out with an older Beseler if you like. You would have to either come and get it or pay for shipping. Let me know if you are interested.

Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would be glad to donate an old Federal portable diffusion enlarger with a couple of lenses. Not fancy, but it works and makes pretty decent prints. 35mm to 6X9 film capabilities. I'm a couple of hours NE of you, if you want to come get it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin