Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,493   Posts: 1,597,791   Online: 839

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I couldn't tell from the picture of this door, but some of the revolving doors are designed in such a way that they can be pushed out of the way, and opened sort of like a regular door for access with larger things.

As for Pizza in the darkroom, that's not a great idea, I tried it once, and I don't know which was worse, pizza sauce in the dektol, or dektol on the pizza!

-Mike

DKT

we have one of these where I work, actually it's a 2 person type size (probably large enough for a wheelchair almost)--and it connects three rooms together. 2 darkrooms and a studio, but each of the labs has it's own door as well, that is locked from the inside. we use the doors to get equipment & supplies in and out, and when the lab isn't in use, the doors are often open. we need an alternate way out for emergencies as well, because if the door was jammed, you'd be stuck in the lab...all it takes is like a broom handle or something to fall in the path of the door and you're stuck...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    IThe 'equipment road trip' can be fun sometimes-KwM-
    My first APUG purchase was a huge, comercial sized print washer from someone in WI... Of course, this was an equipment / beer run trip... Yes, they are fun.

Images
    Also, remember the big downside is that people can walk in and out of your darkroom at will. No longer will you have the luxury of that hiding place. Give me a plain door with a "DARKROOM - DO NOT ENTER!" sign on it. That way I can enjoy my Pizza and Beer in peace.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    that's awesome! Lucky you!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwmullet
    Yea! Lookie what I just scored for my upcoming darkroom construction!
    A spinning darkroom door for US$67 !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7537721496

I'll probably pay about that for the truck rental to go pick it up, but this is WAY cool. I would have never expected that I'd be have a genuine darkroom door for this darkroom.

Happy feet!

-KwM-
    I bought one on e-bay several years ago but not for that price and the shipping was horrendous. I love my door though, make me feel superior over my friends with their ordinary door.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I remeber our high school one... beware if there is a drilled hole on the light side for a padlock (good to keep children from getting hurt, others out of darkroom... bad for pranksters locking you in!!!) and always remember to step on the bottom track to avoid the aforementioned "smack & whip" syndrome Congrats.

-Brad

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Good grab!

I'm still in the process of moving my darkroom from the main floor to the basement for more room. Working on a light-trap door right now and the do take up a LOT of space. (Also including a straight-thru door for when the darkroom is not in use.)

Only down-side of a revolving door would be the lack of air movement, if that's a problem.

Good catch!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity Jane
    Only down-side of a revolving door would be the
    lack of air movement, if that's a problem.
    Air movement is no problem with the baffled entry.
    Many years ago I did work short term in two labs
    which did not use doors. Walk in, walk out; no
    opening or closing and easy to ventilate. Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity Jane
    Good grab!
    [...]
    Only down-side of a revolving door would be the lack of air movement, if that's a problem.
    Good catch!
    Thanks, Jane.

Air supply (uh, the concept, not the group) is going to be something I'll have to handle separately than the door. I've gotten several good ideas both from apug and by sounding out the air conditioning guys when we got a new residential unit put in earlier this year.

Basically, I want to have positive ventilation so that when the straight-through door is open, air is basically blowing out of it and no dust can get in except what I carry in with me. I like Sean's idea of having a HEPA filter on the supply side, and I'll be trolling the local Habitat for Humanity shop here for vent hoods for each of the sinks. Then, I'll need to find just the right air conditioning / heating unit and it's off to the races.

-KwM-`

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin