Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,020   Online: 901

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Durst 6x6 Glassless Carrier Help

Hi, All

I own a Durst A600 enlarger, and have been using it with the glass neg carrier it came with, the autoneg. I've been having lots of problems with dust and scratches in 6x6, and have used Edwal noscratch with the glassless 35mm carrier I have. I've been looking for a glassless 6x6 carrier on ebay with no luck so far, and haven't come up with a home made solution, because of the spring loading design.
    So, I was wondering if one of you has come up with such a solution, and can explain it to me. Or, whether someone has one of these carriers he can part with in exchange for cash and/or gratitude. Thanks in advance,

GB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a Durst M601 and replaced the glass inserts in the carrier with matt board ones. Can you post up a pic of the carrier? Not knowing what yours looks like can't really add any ideas but someone might have a suggestion upon viewing the unit.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Are you sure that Durst doesn't have a fitting glassless carrier in stock? Get in contact with them (durst.it), they're very nice and helpful.

By the way, I totally agree with you on the painess of glass carriers, though I've been kicked on my back for having said that on "another-well-known-forum"...
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin