Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,476   Online: 811

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Game,

didn't you discover the Dutch forums yet?
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum15/

Like David says, it is "regenereren", i.e. "gebruikte ontwikkelaar aanvullen met verse ontwikkelaar om de levensduur te verlengen."

G

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Adding replinisher to a developer will extend its capacity. But not indefinitely. In the case of D76 used with replenishment, Kodak recommends dumping the developer after 9600 square inches of film per gallon have been processed.

Some replenishers require prior removal of an equal amount of old developer before adding to the tank. Others are sufficiently concentrated and so little is required that they simply replace the developer which was carried out on wet film in normal processing. Manufacturer's instruction sheets will give directions to follow.

Some developers are replenished with a special replenisher which contains concentrated chemicals which are depleted in development. Other developers are replenished with new developer instead.

The amount of replenisher to use is determined by the amount of silver which is developed. This, in turn, is calculated by the number of films developed, the exposure and the tonality of the subject matter. Obviously, high-density negatives exhaust the developer more quickly than thin negatives. Calculating replenishment solely on the basis of films run will inevitably lead to big errors over time, making the developer much to active or much to weak.

For this reason, labs which replenish also develop pre-exposed test strips of film from the manufacturer, which are read using a densitometer to check the developer activity level. The amount of replenisher added is determined by these density readings. A lot of extra work over simply diluting developer and using in the "one shot" method.

Unfortunately, some machines and some developers require replenishment.

Here is technical information on replenishing D76 from Kodak:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe....7.14.14&lc=en

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone for explaining. It was not a problem with understanding english, just that the word "replenishment" was never explained to me. In what language it gets explained does not matter to me. (as long as you guys understand my undoubtly failing english )

I have the feeling replenishing means two things:

1. In my machine (agfa curix60) it means that fresh chemicals I already mixed are added to the tank in which my paper is. Replenish means not much more than "adding to the process".

2. When developping by hand it means something else. In that case there is some sort of chemical different from the develloper that can be add to the develloper to make it fresh again.

Hope the way I desribed it above is the way it is the way it is.
    Please correct my in spots where I am wrong.

Think I'm close to nailing it
    Thanks greetings GAME

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Replenisher is going to be the same either by machine or by hand. Some times it is a different formula. Other times it isn't. The stuff I use for C-41 bleach just uses undiluted bleach for the replenisher. When you make a fresh tank you dilute it. When you replenish it it's used undiluted.

Different chemicals will use different things for replenisher. They will also have different rates. You need to check the info for your chemicals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok,

a. So the bottle on my machine were develloper goes in, is called replenishertank cause it add chemical to the process.

b. Some chemicals are one-shots, so I trow them away after they have gone trough the machine and have ended up in the waist cans.

Other chemicals can be revived in one way or another and in some cases with a chemical that is called replenisher.
    Those chemicals can go right into the tanks for another round in the machine after replenisher has been added cause they are fresh again.

Better?

Thanks, please be patient with me. GAME

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's called a replenisher tank because it holds replenisher-) Nothing more complicated then that.

You really should check the manuals for your chemicals and machine. If you are going to use replenishment you need to make sure you aren't using too little or too much.

Are you sure the waste cans are waste cans? They might be recovery tanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi nick, thanks for responding!

The thing that is confusing for me is that there are three tanks.
    one for develloper. one for fixation. one for water.
    All those tanks are called replenisher tanks in the manual. Not cause they hold replenisher, but because they add liquids to the process.
    So if you use replenisher where should it go? All three tanks are already in use.
    (the waste tanks indeed are waste tanks)

Game

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All three tanks are likely replenishment tanks for the three steps. Developer replenisher in one tank. This tank should feed into the developer. Fix replenisher which should feed into the fix tank. Water I guess for the other tank.

Which process are you doing? Which chemicals?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I still have to decide on the chemicals, but likely the prcoess will be RA4.
    I don't know if the picture you have is right... I am still discovering the machine. But the manual will not help me ot in this area.
    I emailed the previous owner. Hope he can sort stuff out.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by game
    Thanks everyone for explaining. It was not a problem with understanding english, just that the word "replenishment" was never explained to me. In what language it gets explained does not matter to me. (as long as you guys understand my undoubtly failing english )
    "Replenish" apparently comes from the Latin language. The Latin word "plenus" means "full". So "replenish" means: "refill".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin