Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,907   Posts: 1,584,610   Online: 954

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Norah Jones

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jeremy that's great. Let her know to look me up next time she's in Australia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought one of her CD's a couple years ago on a trip to Florida. I listened to it each morning on my way to watch the sun rise over the ocean. To this day, when I listen to that cd, I can smell the ocean and it makes me smile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For those turntable devotees, that I presume are of my age, let me tell you that she is the daugther of Ravy Shankar, like father, like daughter.
    Jose A. Martinez

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    Just when a girl's feeling down... you guys rock my world! Thanks for the kind words.
    Please note - owing to a persistant back problem, I now only rock worlds on alternate Thursdays.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JLMoore3
    Hey there- if you want to get rid of those old Licorice Pizzas just let me know!

John "Still A Devout Turntable Guy Who's A Junkie For LP's" Moore
    Long gone, I'm afraid. On tape, but the fixer deposits hurt the fidelity.

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    while we all share a passion for analog, we really dont share the same taste in music!! :rolleyes:

my darkroom rocks to the sound of early U2, punk music or electronica and on an "old" ipod with a red filter taped over the screen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Norah and the darkroom go hand in hand for me as well. Nicole, while you're out buying a new Nora CD I highly recomend the less well known but no less incredible cd New York City - The Peter Malick Group featuring Nora Jones. It's a little more bluesy than her solo albums. And whoever mentioned that Nora should work with Willie Nelson - she has! Also great stuff. Shawn

Images
    I concur with Jeremy's comments. She is a very genuine person and her story is wonderful. She was working with my brother in New York at a restaurant when she hit the big time. Took three of the staff with her on tour. I am very fortunate to have a copy of her demo session (that became the first album) as a result of that relationship. I play that CD eight hours straight while doing laps between here and California, singing (trying to sing) the whole way. Never tire of it. Her music is sincere, genuine, effortless, wonderful.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    Never heard of her.
    That doesn't surprise one bit! You haven't discovered the true joys of life yet (Norah Jones and Rodinal etc.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan
    my darkroom rocks to the sound of early U2, punk music or electronica and on an "old" ipod with a red filter taped over the screen.
    I listen to Norah Jones AND norwegian satanic black metallers Dimmu Borgir...I, myself, is a paradox man

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin