Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,023   Online: 696

Shooter
    Multi Format

Componon-s 50mm old model?

I recently got myself a Componon-s 50mm 2.8 after an ad I found on a photo magazine.
    When it finally arrived I was quite surprised to find-out that it was not the well known "standard" lens with the lighted window to read the aperture value in the dark and the little "finger" to go full-aperture without moving the ring.
    Still..no doubt it is a Componon-s 50 2.8...than I assume is an older model which I didn't know existed.
    My question is simple: is it as good, in terms of lens quality, as the newer, more practical, model? And: any idea about how old it might be?
    Thank for answers and suggestions. Ultramar

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know the version you described, but I use old Componon (non-S) for 50mm, 80mm, 105mm, 135mm and 210mm, and they are all excellent from wide open. (Of course I usually use them at 1 stop down, and very occasionally 2 stops down.)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin