Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,559   Online: 921

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Are any Aussies in the market for a darkroom sink?

I rarely see sinks for sale on ebay in Australia, so I thought I'd highlight this recent find
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/6mm-PVC-Indus...QQcmdZViewItem

Being professionally made from 6mm PVC, it's bound to be a good investment.
    I paid around A$1200 to have mine made a couple of years ago.

BTW I'm not affiliated with the seller at all, I just wanted to increase the chances of it finding a worthy owner (i.e. a DIY analog enthusiast).

regards
    Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks PeterB. The only catch is that I'm Sydney-based, and the sink is pick-up only in Melbourne.
    regards,
    Lyn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn Arnold
    Thanks PeterB. The only catch is that I'm Sydney-based, and the sink is pick-up only in Melbourne.
    regards,
    Lyn
    Lynn, I don't know your situation, but for me time is money and I know that myself and others have spent a lot of time researching and/or making sinks themselves. If you have plenty of time to spare maybe you want to make your own - if this is the case then you are generally limited to epoxy covered wood. (materials will be a couple of hundred $$). If however you have lots of money, I could recommend where you get one made in Sydney. If you have neither much money nor time, why not place a last second bid for the one on ebay? Set your bid price to how much you can afford minus shipping costs for a courier to pick it up from the seller and dropping it off to Aus Post or a friend in Victoria. Failing that just drive down yourself to pick it up!

regards
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn Arnold
    regards,
    Lyn
    Oh the lament of a photographer in Adelaide "right now" rebuilding his darkroom.

What a great sink.

still Melbourne is just down the road from Adelaide and isn't Sydney just up the way a touch from Melbourne?

Ah well time for plan "B"
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yes, ring a courier up and get a quote before bidding. It wouldn't be very heavy, just an awkward shape. It might go real cheap, although you never know, I'm amazed how much interest there is in some weird things these days!

My sink is actually very similar except my well area is at one end rather than in the middle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm even further away in Perth, hmm, I guess it's just around 3000km. What's the chance of one coming up on Ebay in Perth? Zilch. Looks like I'll have to make my own when the new mega-shed is built.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Basically distance isn't the problem, finding some way getting it interstate is the major problem but isn't hard.

As someone who hase lived and travelled most of this continent, I have frequently called upon different peoples to help deliver some of my interestingly shaped stuff. Also with the majority of my travelling being on a motorcycle I have learnt to cherish any friend with a ute.

Now that said, Kew is about 40 minutes away across town, picking the thing up in our trailer for someone wouldn't be that hard, finding another person to get it to say, Western Australia, is another story!

Mick.
    Last edited by Mick Fagan; 11-15-2005 at 03:06 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Mick, we have a ute, even with a canopy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nicole, start bidding!

Mick.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Nicole, I have one I'm going to part with soon. If you make your trip to Kalgoorlie before Christmas, you can have a look at mine.

Chiller, I'm driving to Melbourne just after Christmas and can bring mine with me if you like (and if Nicole hasn't snaffled it by then) - it'll help offset the cost of the fuel for the Kalgoorlie-Melbourne trip.

(Approximate dimensions of my sink: 200x75x25 cm)
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin