Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,964   Posts: 1,523,310   Online: 1226

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard Ronda!

Murray - who once was a student but is now definitely 'non traditionally aged'

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    I feel your pain. (been there, done that)
    • The new RHDesigns timer has an "off" switch! (and does not glow in the dark)
    • Gralab 167 also does not glow in the dark, and replaced the 300.
    • Stereo - except for the speakers and an analog volume control - is outside the DR door.
    • No led's or pilot lights in power strips or extention cords.
    • Everything else is on a switched circuit, so when I'm loading film, it can all be turned off.
    A bit of effort (and "AR" attention to detail ), but it can be done.

I even take my watch off. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

David
    I have tried in vain to fog Efke PL100 with my two Gralab 300s. I also tried to intentionally fog some with my watch. I was able to arrive at some fog with the watch directly on the film for 1 min. A few inches away for several seconds would not do it. Maybe some 1600 ASA pushed 2 stops would be a problem, but standard film won't be fogged under normal darkroom conditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've two timers in my darkroom, one a Gralab 300 and the other an ancient Time-O-Lite. When loading film, I'm careful to drape a sheet of 6 mil black plastic sheet over the face of each. But there have been times when I've forgotten to do that. Fortunately there were no ill effects, though that could be due to my having my back between the timers and the film. I have fogged some film with a glowing watch face though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin