Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,552   Posts: 1,544,909   Online: 927

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

First run with my Jobo CPA... WOW!!!!

I just finished my first batch of film with my Jobo CPA and Expert drum... all I can say is WOW! I took a big gamble on using PMK Pyro as my developer since that was all I had, but I used 2 liters just to be sure I could get around the potential oxidation of developer problem. The gamble paid off... the negs are PERFECT! not a scratch, not a bubble, nothing but perfect film! I'll never go back to trays again.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Congratulations on the new success. Iíve been using Rollo Pyro in a CPP-2 with Expert 4x5 and 8x10 drums for a couple of years. Rollo Pyro calls for a mix of 1 ltr water, 15ml part A, 30 ml part B. You may be able and want to reduce the volume by half. Check the directions for both the Pyro and the Jobo. The Expert drums push the Jobo to its mechanical limits. In the operatorís manual there are several warnings about over loading the gears, motor, lift, etc. with too much weight. I would have to search for specific references. Bostick & Sullivanís instructions with the Rollo Pyro state the above mix.

To continued success without mishap.

John Powers

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Maybe I'm just getting unbelievably lucky, or I don't know what else... but I did two batches now in the Jobo using PMK Pyro and both appear properly developed, without oxidation issues. The negs look properly contrasty, no signs of underdevelopment. After receiving proper warnings from the expert folks here about not putting too much chems in the drum (for fear of burning out the motor) I cut back from 2 liters to 1 liter of PMK on my second batch. I also kept the water temperature more temperate, and so my negs don't look bulletproof anymore, but they don't appear underdeveloped or weak in any other way either. I'm just so thrilled that it is working out so well!

You owe it to yourself to try the Jobo with Pyrocat HD.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin