Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,248   Online: 999

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is not the Delta that you have mentioned, but I have the following:

Delta Water Temp II with Temperature Lock (approx $59 B&H)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

I have attached (I hope) a photo of how it is plumbed. It's not a very good photo, but I have a filter in line after the thermometer. I bought all of the other parts at a hardware store. It's not very pretty and I don't know if this is the right way to do plumbing for a darkroom, but it has worked for me and I'm quite happy with the cost and functionality of the Delta. No it doesn't automatically correct the water temperature, but I keep my eye on it and it doesn't really vary much unless I spend too much time in the darkroom and start running out of hot water. I must note, however, my darkroom is in a separate building from my home where the darkroom is the only use of water on that hot water tank.

Karen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00307.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Starr
    ++"If you have some minor plumbing skills I would save some cash and buy a bath & shower faucet at your local home improvement center."

- I don't understand this recommendation. Would you mind explaining what you mean a little more?++

I'm not the person that said the above, but - - - - Are you planning on doing any of the plumbing yourself? Have you ever done minor plumbing jobs like adding a faucet? If so, you can get a shower control valve from a large home center and use it as a temperature regulator. I use a Delta brand that cost me about 60 bucks. I can control the temperature to within a degree or 2 with no problems. It's cheaper than the "dedicated darkroom" controls. For example, the Hass is $500.00!

If you want, look here for a picture of my faucet setup.
    http://destarr.com/DR-4.html
    Well put Dave, sorry for the cryptic post.
    Mike A

When you say Hass Low Flow flow option, are your referring to Model D250 or Model 250 modified?
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin