Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,007   Posts: 1,633,595   Online: 1110

Shooter
    Large Format

Aristo cold light question

I just recieved an Aristo cold light head. It has two cords. One is a two prong the other is a three prong grounded plug. What are the two cords for (What goes where)? I assume one is for the timer and the other is constant hot.

Thanks John
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    35mm RF

Aristo

One cord goes into the timer and the other is to preheat the lamp to keep it warm and and at a fairly constant brightness.

Eric
    Dad, is the lens cap suppose to be on?.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    John,

As you start to use this and see how the amount of light fluctuates while the time stays the same, you may want to search the posts for help. RH Designs StopClock Vario is one timer that has a sensor mounted under the light. The sensor measures the actual amount of light put out allowing you to increase or decrease as needed. Straight time measurement without compensation for this fluctuation will drive you batty.

I am using an Aristo 12x12 head on a Durst 138S converted to 8x10 with a RH Designs StopClock Vario if I can help.

John Powers

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin