Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,432   Online: 836

Shooter
    Medium Format

Reviving an old Beseler 67 C

Hi everybody,

I got myself an old Beseler 67C for free, it was collecting dust aund using storing space in an aquaintance's attic. It seems to be in good state, but it lacks the negative carrier, in fact, there is a hole between the condenser head and the lens and bellow part.
    Two things puzzle me
    1. in the condenser head there is only a lamp, no glass at all, althought there are many ridges inside that could be used to slide something in the condenser head.
    2. I didn't see any filter carrier are one of those inside ridges supposed to be used for inserting a filter ?

This enlarger seems to be a very nice piece of gear, but I don't know what I must add to make it a working piece of gear.

I would be very grateful for any advice on this matter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may need to go back to your freinds attic to see if the rest of the enlarger is still there. Without the condensor parts you don't have much, unless you decide to put another type head on it. Cold light and dichroic diffusion heads are available. The neg carriers can still be had on Ebay.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Gary, I will do that

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ventadour
    in fact, there is a hole between the condenser head and the lens and bellow part.
    There should be a lever on the side that you shift up to drop the head.

You need two large condensers for med. format work, and a third smaller one for 35mm. Neg carriers are available on the auction site. There is a filter holder that also slides in. You can see the configuration by looking on the back of the removable door on the condenser head.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin