Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,576   Online: 939

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I really like my Omega D2V.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks all for your replies.

I should of known it would be like asking for the best film on the market :-)

My choice has now been limited to 13 brands .... :-)

I think I might just go for an Opemus again, my old one was simple, cheap and good ..... and you basically get one for free with the purchase of a 10-pack of Tri-x ....

greetings,

Magnus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How can you go wrong with an Opemus ... good old Meopta !
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Magnus,

I'll make it even more complicated for you by voting for Fujimoto. I have the G70 model and its great. The option of switching between the condenser and diffuser light source is a nice feature.

I have used Durst, Meopta and LPL in the past and agree they are all well made.

But any enlarger is only as good as the lens you use.

Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've always wanted a Durst 606 (or a 609!).. it _seems_ much better than my Omega B-600 which I don't care for.
    1) it's wobbly, goes out of alignment
    2) it's tough to align without resorting to bending the column with your bare hands
    3) negative carriers are tough to find
    4) no lens board, just a thread for m39
    5) it's kind of cheap.. doesn't feel like it's well-made

despite all of that, i've made some very nice prints with it and a good enlarging lens..
    The Durst 606 has that condenser\adjustable negative carrier so you can print anything smaller than 6x6.. ah well..

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Kaiser is a good choice. I have one, but it doesn't see much use.

Durst still offers enlargers and they are great quality but not cheap. Depends on how much money you have. If you have a deep pocket, a new Durst would be the best choice IMHO. I have several (but I bought them used.)

Kienzle is also to be considered. These things are built like a tank. I used to have one with mechanical autofocus.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lajolla
    Check out the small Durst M670 Variable Contrast enlarger. You can reach Durst in Brixen, Italy at telephone 0472/810111
    You could also consider the much larger Durst M805, which easily adapts to all medium formats simply by changing negative carrier masks. Good luck.
    I have only ever owned one enlarger, the Durst M605, and found it very good. It was secondhand when I got it and must be 25 years old but is showing no signs of wear. I know it does 35mm, 645 and 6x6 but as far as I am aware it doesn't cover 6x7. The light box has a lever for 35mm or 6x6.

I had toyed with the idea of a 6x7 camera such as the Pentax. I have a 6x6 folder(Agfa Isolette 1) but 6x6 cameras are rarer and if I had my time over again I'd go for an enlarger that covered 6x7.

Then I saw this reply and it made me wonder. Will the M605 also cover 6x7? There's no mention of it doing so in the handbook and the seller never gave me any 6x7 masks.

Can anyone cast light on this?

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    The M605 indeed can print 6cmx7cm negs (2 1/4x2 3/4in) with its switchable mixing box set to the 67 position. All you need to acquire from a vendor or from Durst in Brixen (tel 0472/810111) are the following Durst neg carrier and parts:
    One 'sinoneg' negative carrier
    One 'sixma 67' metal mask insert for 6x7cm format negs for the sinoneg carrier
    One 'sivogla an' anti-newton glass for the sinoneg carrier
    or you can use the sinoneg carrier in a completely glass top and bottom configuration by getting one 'sixgla' clear glass insert to use instead of the sixma67 metal insert. Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a theme in these answers - stick to the major brands. It's good advice. Durst, Kaiser, DeVere, Meopta, Beseler, Omega all have good reputations and have been around for many, many years. Choose something you can get accessories and replacement parts for. That may limit your choice depending on where you are. Then look at the operation and features. Choose something you like to use, because you will use it for years. I would advise getting something that can handle 6X9 even if you only use 6X7 or 6X6 now. You never know what you will pick up in the future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Time for some threadjacking
    If wanting an enlarger for 6X7 - 6X9 which ones other than the Meopta Magnifax will cover 6X9 ?
    Reason for this is my AGFA Clack(6X9), Pentax 6X7 and a possible (in far future) move into 6X9 viewcameras. 6X9 enlargers dont seem that common.
    If I stumple over a good deal on one I might take it though I havn't got any darkroom some some time to come. I'd just disassmple it and keep it under my bed untill the day.......
    Regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

S°ren Nielsen
    Denmark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin