Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,731   Posts: 1,515,256   Online: 812

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Mid Format Enlarger

I am looking for a dedicated Mid Format enlarger ... 6x6 negative format, I have always used an Opemus 6 which served me well until it was damaged during a move.
    I have a 35mm (Leitz/Leica) and a LF enlarger which I would like to keep dedicated for their formats, I have the space and thus want a dedicated 6x6 enlarger.
    I have never really gotten into enlargers as I bought the complete darkroom in one go.

What will I be looking for, which brand/type, I only do B&W to max. print size of 30x30 cm It would be nice to have a MG type.

I live in europe so US enlargers like Besselers are hard to get. I would sincerely welcome any advice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Opemus are very common in EU so you might get one one for free or a song
    Then there are AGFA, Kaiser, LPL and Durst(and perhaps many more). I don't know the model numbers but Durst has some reputation here in DK so they might be worth a look.
    Regards Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not familiar with what's available in Europe but you probably could find a medium format Durst or LPL on the used or new market. Both are well-respected brands worldwide and can be configured for condenser/dichro/variable contrast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW
    the opemus range don't differ much from 2-5. The 6 is bigger in negcarrier ( and I think the lens plate) and the std is smaller IIRC.
    Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Check out the small Durst M670 Variable Contrast enlarger. You can reach Durst in Brixen, Italy at telephone 0472/810111
    You could also consider the much larger Durst M805, which easily adapts to all medium formats simply by changing negative carrier masks. Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hey there magnus -

i have and use a durst m601 ... i am sure you can read bad stuff as well as good stuff regarding this enlarger. mine is from the 70s, it was bought at either a yard sale or through a department store that sold photo-stuff, and i have used it steadily since 1981. it can be reversed on its base and can be made to project on the floor ( i've done this a bunch of times ) and the head swivels to allow wall projection.

can't really say anything bad about it ...

good luck!

-john

ps. it is pretty small ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Durst would be perfect.

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Magnus,
    I use an Opemus 6. I looked at other types too, when I bought mine there was a very good darkroom shop in town (that dates me, I fear).

I looked at Durst, Kaiser, LPL, and whatnot - but decided on the Opemus 6 with colour head as the sturdiest and most reliable of all. I now use the Opemus for everything up to 6x6, and a Durst 138S for larger than that. None of the enlargers have ever let me down or needed "fiddly" adjustments.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Magnus,
    I use an Opemus 6. I looked at other types too, when I bought mine there was a very good darkroom shop in town (that dates me, I fear).

I looked at Durst, Kaiser, LPL, and whatnot - but decided on the Opemus 6 with colour head as the sturdiest and most reliable of all. I now use the Opemus for everything up to 6x6, and a Durst 138S for larger than that. None of the enlargers have ever let me down or needed "fiddly" adjustments.
    Sturdy with colorhead ? or should that be sturdiest ?
    I had an Opemus 5 with colorhead but I replaced the head with the standard with filterdrawer. I felt that the heavy colorhead made it swing as a pendule on a clock.
    Regards Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use a Kaiser which I think is one of the best.
    You can build one by either getting each part seperatelly or one already set.
    You can change and replace each of its parts: the head, the lenses, the rail, etc and so you can make it color, BW, multigrade, you can add autofocus and nail it to the wall. It has all the swings and tilts and movement an enlarger should have.
    It goes up to 6x7 or 6x9.
    Plus unlike most enlargers, its not ugly. Its made mostly from black plastics and black painted metals.

And its German! Since you are from Munich, I can't think of a better choice for you!
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin