Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,692   Posts: 1,482,406   Online: 691

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes - Mark Williams was the guy responsible for actually making these things. However, he left a few months prior to Jobo USA winding up... When I tracked him down about making inserts, he wa 100% certain that he could not do it without the said equipment which is apprently now "MIA"...

Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Tell him to put it back.

When I talked to them about other needs, Rick or Rich (can’t read my note) the parts man went to Mark Williams to answer any serious questions. He sounded quite knowledgeable. Maybe Williams is the last name we are looking for. Maybe each one of us can put a piece in the puzzle. Maybe someone is just sitting on the machine waiting to see if there is a market for inserts. Who were the APUG or LF people who went to the auction? Possibly they know something.

John Powers

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sal, Ken was their sales guy and IIRC he left well before the end. OTOH if someone knows how to find him then he would remember the name of the guy I am trying to think of and my guy is probably the one who has the gear sine he was the one making the inserts at Jobo. Working hard to remember ... I know one of them was Rich something and it wasn't him it was the other guy. Anothe way to track 'em might be through Omega Satter. I do recall that both the guy I am thinking of and Rich spent weeks/months in NJ training the Omega Satter people or at least attempting to (I understand they didn't have much success).

Meanwhile we both agree on Rich as one guy. Mark doesn't ring a bell with me so maybe there was yet a third guy.

I'll keep thinking.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ted,

I wrote Mark Williams' name in my Jobo manual because he really knew the product and how to explain it. I wanted to be able to remember the name for my next call. Rick was okay, but not that good.

John Powers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin