Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,564   Online: 881

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Washing film and paper in Jobo

I've got a nice new CPP-2 which I used it for the first time tonight.
    I was pretty happy with the results, I just have one question:
    What's the best method for washing film and paper in 2500 and 2800 drums with the Lift?

I did a test development of two 135 films in the small 2500 series drum. For washing I used a version of the Ilford method and left the drum rotating while doing one minute washes ten times while changing the water.

What's your method?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With the CPP-2 and lift I set the timer for 15 minutes, and do about 5-6 changes of water during that time. I drain and refill after the first minute and extend it for the following rinses. This way I can work on other stuff while the film is washing. That is what I love about the Jobo - you can let it wash and do other things so it is less tedious.

Maybe it is not long enough or compulsive enough for your standards, but it works for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's the problem Dug: I have no standards, so I am looking for one!
    I did that ten minute-change trial because I though it would be long and thorough enough for a first try. I thought that better to overdo it than not wash it enough.

That's why I am asking.
    The water change method of Ilford is for hand inversion with changing times and agitations so I thought that the constant way of Jobo would require a different method.

I have no chemicals to test for fixer residue so I can only go by people's advice.
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FWIW, the Jobo automatic processors use a five minute wash with a water change every minute. It has always worked for me -- not that I have any choice since this is hard-coded into the ATL-1000 I use.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    After the fix, I do two 1.5 minute wash, one 1.5 minutes with perma wash - one shot working solution or use Hypo Clearing Agent, six 1.5 minute wash, and two 1.5 minute wash with distilled water. Pending on the film I will expose it to sunlight for 15-45 minutes to remove the magenta or pinkish tint after drying.

If you decide to process 220 roll film. You need to let the film totally unwind, no tightness, so you can insert the film on the reel. It can be a pain at times.

By the way thank you for the information on Galaxy 92. I haven't contacted them yet but plan to. What do you think of their music and format?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Forget to add "easier" after film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you guys. I guess five water changes after hypo clear would be more than enough.
    Edward, to tell you the truth I haven't listened to them much but when I do, I'll tell you.
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    I've got a nice new CPP-2 which I used it for the first time tonight.
    I was pretty happy with the results, I just have one question:
    What's the best method for washing film and paper in 2500 and 2800 drums with the Lift?

I did a test development of two 135 films in the small 2500 series drum. For washing I used a version of the Ilford method and left the drum rotating while doing one minute washes ten times while changing the water.

What's your method?

Arigram, I use a CPP-2 and for washing do 4 water changes each running 2 minutes, followed by perma wash, followed by 6 water changes each running 1 minute. I find this removes all of the purple cast on Tmax film and should be sufficient for archival standards.

One thing to note, and it may be a no-brainer but I thought I should mention it just in case, do not use photo flo or any wetting agent on Jobo reels and tanks, and do not put photo flo, or any wetting agent through the processor.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Riser.
    Maybe I will extend the washing to two minutes every time ... Ah, I wish I could test the results!

I have heard about not using a wetting agent inside the jobo drums before and I didn't. Why is that by the way?
    www.arigram.gr

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Jobo Filmwasher. After 5 min rinse I'am ready. In the meantime I start to dev another film on the CPP2.
    look at: http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/produ...#Film%20Washer
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin