Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,515   Posts: 1,543,723   Online: 898

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After ruining several rolls of film using plastic reels I switched to SS reels. I have never regretted my decision and have had no problems in 50 years. Once you are familiar with the SS reels they are actually easier to load than the plastic ones and give less trouble. You also save a bit on chemistry since they require less.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Koch
    Once you are familiar with the SS reels they are actually easier to load than the plastic ones and give less trouble. You also save a bit on chemistry since they require less.
    Well, yes and no. I do most of my 120 in my Paterson tank now (though on the Universal reel, as it's easier to start with the big tabs), because I can load two rolls end to end (with a little square of masking tape to hold the head of the second roll to the tail of the first, so they don't overlap); that lets me do two rolls in 500 ml, while 120 in stainless means using 12+ ounces of developer (around 375 ml, minimum) for one roll. And I've tried loading them back to back, but had to pull them out and respool them, wet, then soak in sodium sulfite solution, to get the antihalation dye off the back...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin