Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,164   Online: 771

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    How could I get them in the fixer if they are cut into strips? Is it possible?

Having fun already bob !! getting into this

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by finny99

Not easy... You could try loading them on to the reel one strip at a time - pushing each one along as far as it will go without overlapping the previous one. Agitate by lifting the whole reel up and down in the tank (no need for darkness now). Avoid any agitation that will make the strips overlap on the reel. You then need to give them a full wash again. I don't think using a tray will work - you might well get scratches that way.

Saying that, if there is no foggy looking grey areas on the film you are probably good to go.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    35mm
    Determining fixing time can be tricky. One approach is to dunk a small bit of film (such as the leader that you cut off the roll when loading it onto the reel) into the fixer before you begin development. Do this in full light and time how long it takes the film snip to clear. Double this time for conventional films and triple it for T-grain films. That's your correct fixing time. When the clearing time for a given type of film doubles, the fixer is exhausted.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think I know what happened when I mixed the fixer it was fizzing, someone pointed it out to me in another thread. I forgot to look at package and lower water temp, gonna have to dump that fixer and buy new, might just buy ilford fix, mixing D76 and hypo powder already

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    finny...."you don't know the POWER of the Dark side!!!"

...well, maybe you do,..... now...

Welcome to our little corner of Utopia. Now, remember, you must work in the darkroom at regular intervals, lest you begin to jones for the smell of fixer...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by finny99

Put the fixer in a large, very clean bowl, and then gently agitate the strips in the fixer, one strip at a time, holding an edge with some tongs or plastic tweezers.. Then wash them in a similar manner in another bowl filled with clean water.

I had a roll which was under fixed a while back, and had to use a similar method because my reels were wet and there was no way I would have been able to get the film back into them.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin