Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,873   Online: 1064

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Just broke my cherry...

Just developed my first two rolls, they look pretty good, some are night shots with long exposures so we will see. They are hanging in the bathroom now. Was sweet seeing them when I finished and took the reels out. photoflo looks like its keeping them nice and clean. Now I just need to scan, will have to do at lab until I get one, at least im cutting part of the cost. The clips im using are great. I just slip them on shower hooks, gotta love those dollar stores !!!!
    Whats a good time to let them dry, theey've been hanging since 11:30 am East time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two or three hours of drying at room temp. will be good enough.
    Developing film yourself, even sweeter is setting up your own darkroom....take it from me and few thousand others here at Apug.

Greetings

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yea, will be setting up darkroom in the near future. My fiance is cool with it and she knows its coming soon, yea seeing those prints coming up in the tray will be sweet, cant wait
    cheers hans

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats. Wait until you see your first print come up...

You did have me worried for a minute there. Thought you'd smashed up a Wista.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like it was gentle and tender. The lust will now just build.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ok they negs are dry but im wondering if my first crack at this worked out. My negs are a bit purple the image I can see fine but should they be purple? the ones I got done in pro lab arent a purplish tint. I developed for 12 mins agitating, stop bath 30 secs, the fixer I did for 4 mins its says to do 3-5 mins, I did my hypo for 2 mins washed in water for five mins, then some photoflo agitated 5 secs let sit for 30 secs then hung them up. So I guess my question is now. Should I even bother scanning these? Will they come out alright? By the way its TMAX 100 film. Also the rolls were shot with a canon AE1 which I later returned for exchange cause the shutter was sticking, so pretty sure the light seals were a mess, I am waiting on a seal kit for my exchanged AE1 cause they are pretty junk too. I followed info from this site
    http://www3.telus.net/drkrm/filmdev.htm

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the addiction. Have you been examining them with a magnifying glass while they hang? I know I did the first few rolls I developed!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Images
    Good Afternoon, Finny99,

T-Max 100 shouldn't have a purplish tinge. Are you sure that all your chemicals were properly mixed? Did you use regular fixer? If so, your fixing time is inadequate. Even with Rapid Fix, the recommended time is 5 minutes with fresh fixer, and a little more won't hurt. 2 minutes in hypo-clear should be adequate, but I'd still wash for at least 10 minutes. Suggest you put the film back on the reel, and add a few minutes of fixing time, do the usual hypo-clear, and then wash well. The purple should disappear.

Konical

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yea, the thing is I cut them into strips before I did research on here, kinda hard to load on reel now. I used a hardening fixer, Kodak powder. I will fix longer next time, and wash for longer after hypo.

Cheers konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As long as there is no visible fog on the film, they should be adequately fixed so no real worries there (but... if you can get them back in the fixer for another 3 mins it would not hurt ).

The tint will not stop you from printing or (dare I say it) scannnnn... scannnnnnnn... sssscanninnnnnnnn... (nope, can't say it!)... them .

Have fun, Bob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin