Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,065   Online: 1000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

how many faucets?

Am beginning the plumbing project for the dark room....what is your Ideal number and set ups of faucets, hot and cold etc....my sink is 60" x 24" x 4 " deep, I do have a bit of room to add deeper film washer sink but would have to be customed from wood,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think every square inch of the sink should be able to be reached by a hose. My 17' L sink has 5 faucets running mixed H/C water.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My sink is 7.5 feet and I have 2 faucets. Just be sure there's space in your darkroom for the refrigerator containing at least a six pack of Moose Drool.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have 3 faucets: one over the left side of the sink, fitted with a short hose and pressure valve to fill paper developer trays; one in the middle with filtered water to prepare film developers, and one over the right side of the sink, hooked to the print washer.
    I stopped using temperature regulators for the darkroom water, since my water temperature fluctuations over a one year period are less than 10 C. I mostly have to lower the temperature and use ice from the fridge.
    Photos are made four inches behind the camera

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would think that 2 would be a minimum. That way you can be washing film and still have a second faucet to wash your hands.

Images
    I have an 8' sink and soon a 3' wash sink. I have 2 mixers and 3 colds. Maybe 1 more cold, so that I have a spare, would be good.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Large Format
    My sink is 9 1/2 Ft. I have hot and cold faucets at each end and a cold only hose with shower head in the center for washing tanks and trays.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    how many faucets? Two.

One water, one Farrah. ;-)
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have a 9-foot sink, and 3 faucets--- an auto-temp controller on each end, and a regular kitchen faucet in the center.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think if I were building a new darkroom I'd put one temp controller at the front of the line, because I usually want one temperature at a time (i.e., I don't do color and B&W on the same day). Then let's see--one spigot for handwashing and water for mixing chemicals, one for the washer, one for a running water rinse tray (in place of a stop), and maybe one for a water jacket if needed--4 total, and maybe a fifth for something I haven't considered. It's not too expensive to add faucets when you're installing everything new, so why not?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin