Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,531   Online: 994

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I live in Rochester, so if you can get me contact information I will be glad to call the person and get more information.

Who knows, I may know him. I too live near a U-Haul place. But this sounds too good to be true.

Anyhow, let me know.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    I live close enough and even own a truck... Like I wasn't depressed enough...

If circumstances and timing were different, I'd be picking this stuff up in a second, u-haul or not... Ah-well...

If anyone can pick it up and wants to share, let me know

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I live in Rochester but don't really have time to go check this stuff out ... plus, like Rich, it might depress me. But I would be willing to share if either Rich or Ron make it to this guy's house. I'm going to the Atget exhibit at Eastman House today, have a dinner engagement tonight, and tomorrow will be spent stripping wallpaper, oh joy.

Rich & Ron: Send me a PM or email if you go and act on this. I have a C-RV, so can help with schlepping.
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The whole "must come quick" part makes me think of those people who would wait 'til someone left on vacation, then backed up a moving truck and stole everything in the house. There could be people in Rochester with broken English to that extent, but it's very suspicious. What if someone moved into photozen's house and used their computer to list all this, too?
    OK, so I'm cynical and suspicious.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    OK, so I'm cynical and suspicious.
    I'm more curious. The posting is written in the manner my old grandpa Luigi spoke. I can't figure out what culture is being referred to, and what the "lucky number" might be. If the guy is Italian, I suppose the lucky number is 3, 7 or 12; If Chinese, possibly something else. If it's "666" I'm really worried!

(edit) Okay, so I see the lucky number is "888"... it's not my lucky number!

(edit 2) Chinese, for sure... also explains some of the grammar!
    Last edited by BrianShaw; 03-04-2006 at 12:23 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: another update

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd be more inclined to say he's Hindi. I had a Hindi friend in college and numbers and astronomy ruled his life...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Has anyone learned any more about this auction? It closed a number of days ago but no feedback on either side (seller or winner) to indicate that anything ever transpired.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do not use e-bay so I cannot get infromation on this individual and no one has sent me information as to how to contact him.

I will be happy to contact anyone in Rochester selling photo equipment if you give me contact information. I will then try to assist you in working out details.

There are lots of photo opportunities here.

PE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin