Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,708   Posts: 1,482,881   Online: 1043

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Step Tablet Question?

Does anyone know where I could purchase a step tablet of the size of the Kodak Step Tablet No. 2, (1"X4.5" of steps) with numbers corresponding to each step? The Stouffer T2115 step wedges are 5" long which is too long for my need, and I have called and spoken to them and they have nothing shorter.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got a Rapidograph ?

d
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    No, the step tablet is needed for a sensitometer designed to take the Kodak No. 2 step tablet. I have been able to get a Stouffer #2 to work, though I have to sacrifice just a bit of Step #21 to do so. Should not be a problem since in practice we would never expose enough to place any density on Step 21. I have a nice Kodak #2 but the numbers on the Stouffer greatly simplify reading and the ability to see what step you are reading.

What is a Rapidograph?

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    Got a Rapidograph ?

d

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A drafting pen.

I use the pens designed for overhead projection slides. They are spirit based so work on negatives. Red is a good colour for monochrome negs.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    A drafting pen.
    Same here. And I put little 5 mm tick-marks on both edges of the wedge at the boundery of every 2 steps so I can see better as I put the negs under the densitometer head.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Does anyone know where I could purchase a step tablet of the size of the Kodak Step Tablet No. 2, (1"X4.5" of steps) with numbers corresponding to each step? The Stouffer T2115 step wedges are 5" long which is too long for my need, and I have called and spoken to them and they have nothing shorter.

Sandy
    You could buy a #2 Kodak and write them in ...

http://www.tiffen.com/results.html?s...al+Accessories

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rapidograph: I feel so old.

Great for writing on negatives. Widths from about .2 - 2 mm. India ink is opaque enough to read clearly on proofs.

Also handy for retouching Rodinal negs

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yes, I have written them in also on some step wedges. But working with step wedges with the steps written in by hand is not as convenient as working with the Stouffers that have the numbers defined in both maximum density and B+F so that they are easy to read from Step 1 to 21.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Kino
    You could buy a #2 Kodak and write them in ...

http://www.tiffen.com/results.html?s...al+Accessories
    Last edited by sanking; 03-05-2006 at 08:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    Rapidograph:

Also handy for retouching Rodinal negs

You may need the 5mm version for that. :o
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin