Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,214   Posts: 1,532,116   Online: 1070

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Holga
    Images

RH Design and De Vere - a connecting Dilema

Woohoo, I got a De Vere 504 enlarger for a silly price, the problem is how do I connect it to my Analyser Pro. The De comes with a timer thats been wired up with a funny plug and dosent seem to be running off at mains voltage. Now the Analyser has a mains outlet kettle plug and I cant run the De off of this cos the fan needs to keep on. What do I need to get and where from?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Richard from RH Designs will sell you a connecter. Check out the web site, it is listed

www.rhdesigns.co.uk

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the combination in question. Yes, Richard will be able to send you a adaptor plug for a reasonable amount.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Thanks guys. Had a look there just wasn't too sure if it was the correct one as no pictures. Will call them on Monday. Peter, do you find the fan in the De vere noisey? Got a feeling the bearings are going in mine as the machine is around 16 years old.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My De Vere 4 x 5 fan noise is just the noise of wind. It worked as a commercial machine for about 18 years before I got it, I'm sure it's the original unit.

Basically, if the fan is making noise that isn't wind noise, then the fan unit is starting to go.

All of the De Vere units I worked with just made minimal noise and in a darkroom environment I only ever hear/heard the fan when I turn everything else off, with the enlarger being the only thing still on.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HolgaPhile
    Thanks guys. Had a look there just wasn't too sure if it was the correct one as no pictures. Will call them on Monday. Peter, do you find the fan in the De vere noisey? Got a feeling the bearings are going in mine as the machine is around 16 years old.
    My De Vere 504 had a noisy fan but replaced it myself with one from Maplin. Cost about £5 and 10 mins work

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Cool, any Idea on size and model no?

I had a check and it looks to be 100mm wide and runs off of 240v.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

If I remember correctly it is 120mm and 240V on my head (colour DiChromat Head). Maplin are listing them at £16 but I got mine in a sale for £6

Phill

Shooter
    Large Format

Hi - I replaced the fans on my 507 because of noise - i guess that they are much the same as the 504 fans. I kept a note of the markings on the fan:

Desc.: 92 x 92 x 25 mm 230v AC Ball
    Part No.: 99XU0181000 (replaced the older n/a 99 XU 01)

Regards,
    Neil

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Thanks Neil, I have ordered an AC fan from Maplin, 92 x 92 thin AC, so should get that by the weekend.

Also bought a RH adapter cable (£25) so I'm up and running with the analyser Pro. Going to make a little shelf for the transtab so that is out of the way. First print looks good and I have adjusted my base board to make things square. Just need a quieter fan, loud enough to be irritating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin