Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,907   Posts: 1,584,608   Online: 953

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Componon S coatings?

Can anyone tell me what kind of coating reflections a (80mm) Componon S is suppose to have. I purchased one used and compared to my Nikons it looks like it is un-coated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At first glance, the reflections in my 135mm Componon-S appeared white. Upon closer inspection, however, at least one set has a subtle pink tone, as do a couple of earlier Componon models in my DR. This is a big difference to the bright magenta reflections in the 40mm APO HM I have.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    When I looked at it closely it appears faintly gold or warm lets say. A bog difference between this and the Nikon which is heavily coated. Were there single and double coated versions of the Componon S lenses?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not at all sure, Wayne. Looking at the Schneider site, the Componon-S description says nothing about coating, while the APO-Componon HM page specifically mentions multi-coating. Perhaps the Componon-S isn't coated at all, and the slight pink or gold color we're seeing is just attenuation from the glass.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm going to compare the two brands I have and see if there is any difference.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Any difference between the Componon-s and the Nikons?

Wayne, just quirous to hear if you find the Schneider Componon - S performance superior to the Nikon's?
    I'm contemplating buying the same lens to replace a Nikon.
    Thanks.
    jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of the three major enlarging lenses I have found the Rodenstock Rodagons to be the best.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP
    Wayne, just quirous to hear if you find the Schneider Componon - S performance superior to the Nikon's?
    I'm contemplating buying the same lens to replace a Nikon.
    Thanks.
    jan
    I'll do a print this weekend and let you know.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look forward to hear about your results Wayne.

As for the Rodenstock Rodagon, are there any difference except for speed between the 4.0 and the 5.6?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin