Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,293   Posts: 1,681,375   Online: 1136

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The 2500 tanks are wider than the 1500 - they are as wide (exactly) as the 28xx print drums. So the 1500 tanks won't take the 4x5" film reel.

I used a 2521 tank with inversion until I bought a CPE2. It uses a lot of developer volume, so I used very dilute developers...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why wouldn't one be able to hand agitate using a Jobo 2521? I know I do... Sure, it takes 1500ml to fill it, but that's only 15-30ml Rodinal!
    If I find a roller base, maybe I'll try that too one day, but for the moment, I'm too busy trying to find my dev times doing it by hand to go to another type of agitation.
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 2521 is too short of the motorized bases most use. Need at least the 2551.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use a CPE2 and 2521 tank. Develop up to 6 sheets at a time and 270ml of solution. Reaaly nice and easy.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use an old Unicolor 8x 10 Roller Print Drum. It holds two 4x5 films and requires only 125 ml of D76. I continuously roll the drum during development After 10seconds with stop bath I turn off the lights and transfer the film to fixer in a tray. This step can be done in dim light.

Works great and gives very even development.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Again thanks for the many good recomendations.
    bought the Yankee and developed the first few sheets yesterday, seems to be a fairly easy tank to work but i now realize why LF shooters are trying to dilute dev's as much as possible. Huhhh it's thirsty.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The Paterson orbital processor can be used for B&W LF developing. It'll either take 4 sheets of 5x4 or 1 sheet of 10x8. The bottom of the processor needs roughing-up a bit, use wire wool or a small power tool to add some texture to the surface. you'll need 1 litre of chemicals, but you can re-use this, check the fact sheets for the chemicals you are using.

For C41 and E6 processing, you'll need someway of maintaining the tank and chemicals at 38 degrees. I now use Jobo Expert tanks and the CPA processor having worked up from a Combiplan tank, a Yankee tank and the Jobo 2509 reels (I found the later hard to load with 6 sheets of film without them touching). I still use my paterson processor for low volumns or when doing N-/N+ processing for B&W.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin