Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,589   Online: 1016

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    They are toy because their holder is a POS that gets in the way of the lens and lens holder. Especially with the 50mm lenses that need a recessed lens carrier. They are also gelatine filters so it dosen't take much to screw them. So they MUST be kept in their container unless you want to replace them ever so often.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HolgaPhile
    He he, just spoken with Tony at Lightwave, seems Roy (RK Photographic) was sourcing these filters for me off of Tony. Anyway Tony has come up with a better deal if I am not interested in an invoice £90 for a set, so its looking a little more promising. Tell you what, anyone interested in a Group Buy?!
    Yep, Tony's "the Man" when it comes to De Vere. He's helped me out a couple of times.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Well KHB have come back £32 each plus P+P, they recommended calling Odyssey as well. Pity they are not talking to me. Best price still seems to be Lightwave. Had a go last night with the Ilford filters versus the head, strange results, which I couldn't get my head around so will have a go today instead with VC paper.I'll do a grade 4 print from the head and the filters and seeing the difference. TBH though there dose not seem to be any real noticeable fade with this head so I reckon the filters have been changed. And £90 for a set at the cheapest, it seems a bit of an extravagant waste so probably leave it for now. Yeah I know I could get away with just replacing one filter i.e. the magenta but it don't seem to bad, just have to put up with the crappy holder that comes with the Ilford filters for B&W's and use the colour head for just that, colour.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check out: http://www.edmundoptics.com . See item: NT46-141 . The price is $75 for a set of 50mm x 50mm filters. If I remember, that'd give four filters of each of the colors. OF course you'd have to cut the glass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin