Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,684   Posts: 1,482,249   Online: 1062

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Holga
    Images

Sourcing Dichroic filters for De Vere enlarger

This is a lead from my previous thread. Can anyone tell me where in the UK or export to the UK can I source some dichroic filters for a De Vere Dichromat 504 enlarger head? I know they are resistent to fading but this enlarger is old and has been used on an industrial basis, the fan lamp and lamp holder have already been replaced. Not much left not apart from the filters and the mixing chamber.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Just as a starter, RK photographic have come back with £37.50+VAT each, thats around £160 for a set! And Yes I do use the Cyan filter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you asked Odessey in the UK?

http://www.odyssey-sales.com/

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Yup, emailed and no reply.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Try KHB in Mississauga , ask for Kevin, I am sure he can help

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I bought a 504 manual from KHB last year..fast professional outfit. Please let us know how this whole project turns out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    www.fpointinc.com . I'm sure they ship to the UK. You might also try Lightwave in London.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    TBH at the mo, at £40 a pop, I will put up with what I got, or just replace the Magenta unit. Colour printing seems okay and for multigrade I will use the under the lens filters. These filters are EXPENSIVE its a half inch square of glass with posh coating and they want £40 each! I'll get my felt tips out and make my own, when they fade I just put some more ink on them.
    Anyhow, rant off, I have email KHB and see what they come up with. I know in the UK we get screwed on price so fingers cross they might come up with something more realistic, but if its gonna cost me £150 to replace these baby's then I'll buy an Ilford 500 multigrade head off of ePay for the same price instead. Na stuff it, stick with the Ilford toy ones that go under the lens.
    Anyway thanks guys for all your help, going to have a play tonight with my colour analyser and see how they compare with the Ilford toy jobbies just to see how faded they really are, grade FIVE here I come!

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    He he, just spoken with Tony at Lightwave, seems Roy (RK Photographic) was sourcing these filters for me off of Tony. Anyway Tony has come up with a better deal if I am not interested in an invoice £90 for a set, so its looking a little more promising. Tell you what, anyone interested in a Group Buy?!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't understand why you say Ilford TOY filters. You will get the full range
    of grades from the Ilford Multigrade filters, and IMO are better than ANY colour head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin