Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,878   Online: 1028

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The problem with a blender that I see is that you would be introducing a lot of air into the solution. Not good with stuff that oxidises.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have two stirrers. One has a bar magnet which is hard to control, it either spins too fast and or loses control of the stirring magnet.

The other is a Corning heater/stirrer, the magnet is a round device like a donut, better balancing, and has very good slow speed control.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks to all who responded. I will continue my experiments..

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger
    Thanks to all who responded. I will continue my experiments..
    I have to ask why? High quality used stirrers can be purchased on e-bay. Spend your time making photographs.

Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pnance
    I have two stirrers. One has a bar magnet which is hard to control, it either spins too fast and or loses control of the stirring magnet.
    This problem can be remedied by the choice of the proper size bar. One size does not fit all containers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My stirrer has a very thin aluminum top surface in order to get the two magnets as close together as possible. Another design consideration is to get the internal bar magnet properly centered on the motor shaft so that there is no vibration. The motor must be chosen for its torque and maximum speed. A lot of design problems. Considering they are not that expensive I would just buy one wither new or used.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My concern in using a blender is their small capacity and mixing too much air into solutions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin