Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,566   Posts: 1,646,531   Online: 856

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Explanation of Jobo Drum numbers?

Anyone know* what a Jobodrum 4531 and a Colordrum 4202 are? (jobo's website don't have them as far as I can tell) and can they be used on a CPA2?

* Auction ending in 3hrs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    4531 is an old style paper drum 10x12. Allegedly fits the CPE2 - don't know about the CPA2. A quick google on JOBO 4531 should help.

Good luck, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nige, the 4531 is a print drum and can go on the Jobo CPE as far as I remember, but only with a magnetic adaptor IIRC.

I don't think the lift mechanisms were ever made for the CPE as opposed to the CPE2. Therefore if you were going to put it on your CPA2 it would more than likely only work with the magnet system, if at all.

By the way it has to be reasonably old as I have Jobo advertising material from 1982 and there is no mention of the 4531, I think it was a late seventies drum system.

It would have to be really cheap.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks guys... I'll think I'll give 'em a miss!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    JOBO drum numbering system...... long thought to be another clue in the DaVinvi Code. Tubes with specific numbers, once arranged in a specific sequence will produce an image of the first son of Jesus and Mary M. Just pop in an 8x10 unexposed sheet of AZO Grade 1 made in Jerusalem and out pops the image. A few have shown up on eBay, fetching milliions.

I once mis-arranged the drum numbers and British chap with a white towel popped out of the fixer drum. He trashed my house and I had a heck of a time getting him back into the JOBO processor so he would disappear again.

That's the only rationale for they way they number drums - to actually hide their real purpose. If you go see the movie, watch closely in the scene with the dead monk spread out on the cloor in a circle. The circle is actually the circumference of a specific JOBO drum and a code he scrawled on the floor contains a clue to the drum number. Your search will begin there, where it will end, well, I cannot say.

-R

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie
    I once mis-arranged the drum numbers and British chap with a white towel popped out of the fixer drum. He trashed my house and I had a heck of a time getting him back into the JOBO processor so he would disappear again.

-R
    So that's where he went! I did wonder...

I don't supose he left my towel behind? - some of the stains had great sentimental value.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    So that's where he went! I did wonder...

I don't supose he left my towel behind? - some of the stains had great sentimental value.
    He said the towel was essential in his 'travels', and mumbled something about the 2800 series extra-dimensional portal, or something like that. I was just glad to get back to getting rich on eBay.

-R

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For film drums:

3rd digit is the number of 35mm reels that fit
    4th digit is either cog or non cog

For paper drums each higher number is bigger-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin